Chobits-English subs

Wolf's Rain

Full Metal Alchemist

FLCL

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 8:28 pm

in Azumanga Daioh im very certain Osaka is an Aspie anyone else notice it?

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2010, 2:39 pm

*update*
I think so far I've done:

(shows I don't regret)
-Cowboy Bepop
-Ghost in the Shell (all the stuff in it)
-Darker than black (season 2 =meh)
-Ergo Proxy
I think there is a pattern here. Anything not noir-ish/dark I tend to dislike.

(regret/ didn't watch all the way thru/gave up)
-Evengelion. aaaagh
-Avatar (*immediately gets attacked by rabid otaku "omgomg NOT ANIME"*)
-Trinity Blood
-FMA (considering trying again, kinda gave up after the first few episodes seemed light/meh)

(undecided)
-Spice and wolf
-Elfen lied

(Considering watching , opinions?)
-Black lagoon
-undecided on claymore
-witch hunter robin
-Suggest me something 8p

NatureFantasy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Dec 2010, 8:29 pm

Since I last posted one of my favorite Manga/ animes is still Fruits Basket but my other favorite Manga/Drama (it was made into a drama rather than an anime) is Cat Street. Another one I really like is "Do You Remember, Mogwa?" I am no longer as into Shugo Chara or Ultra Maniac.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 12:27 am

So, finally got around to finishing Neon Genesis Evangelion. About a month and a half ago... still inconsistent. xD

It became one of those "life-changing" things. The ending just... yeah. One of the few times I felt like I could really connect to a main character and yet at the same time, find inspiration in that. Possibly the only anime thus far to help my depression. :P

Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, Gurren Lagann, etc... can be good for curing depression too due to awesomeness, but this was kind of just... "something else".

PhoenixGamma
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2011, 8:04 am

The lack of One Piece in this thread is disturbing.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 12:43 pm

I tend to love horror mangas. Hoozuki Island, Variente and Cradle of Monsters ftw.

But, 'cause I'm so mainstream, I read naruto and Bleach. Not very fond of how they both are currently though. The fourth ninja war is too sporadic for my tastes. Bleach is just Bleach.

I hate most anime with a passion. K-On is the only anime I really quite enjoyed.

Edit: on second thought, both Ghost in the Shells series I loved, as well as both Full Metal Alchemist series.

ssjgoku
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2011, 7:15 pm

i like

one piece!
db-dbz
naruto
bleach
rurouni kenshin
deathnote
fullmetal alchemist
black cat
shaman king

in both anime and manga

Orcist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2011, 11:19 am

I'd recommend One Piece and Gintama-they both have a perfect mixture of action and comedy.

also...no One Piece chapter this week :'(

pepperrose
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Mar 2011, 6:56 pm

Rave master Manga one of my favorites

Lady_Monster
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Apr 2011, 9:24 pm

Code Geass is sensational, Bleach is alright, Death Note is good, Cowboy Bebop is awesome, Darker Than Black is cool, Ghost in the Shell is alright, Avatar: The Last Airbender is amazing...does that even count as an anime?

NerdCat
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 May 2011, 2:22 pm

Some favourites are:

Gravitation
Angel Sanctuary
Black Butler
Kamikaze Girls
Tarot Café
Dolls
Fairy Cube
Sailor Moon
Cardcaptor Sakura
Le Portrait de Petit Cossette
Pet Shop of Horror
Blood Sucker
Vampire Knight

TigerOfThunder2013
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jul 2013, 8:11 pm

Foxx wrote:
blade1993 wrote:
Sorry DBZ fans but it should have died after the end of Dragon Ball. :skull:
No Z and definitely no GT. :thumbdown:
Still like little Goku though. :geek:

I liked the first DB as well... Z at GT just became a power fest... At the end of GT, Goku is just so powerful, he could probably blow up half the universe with a small fart..

From the same artist We have Dr. Slump. Really a hilarious series for all ages :D

I just finished Fullmetal Alchemist. It's a little slow in the beginning, but after episode 15-20 things pick up.

Dennou coil is another good one if you're into light sci-fi. Augmented reality is the main story point here. The anime hasn't been licensed yet, and is such legal to download from torrent sites.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume aka. Invasion! Squid girl is a new anime. It's about a girl from the sea who comes to invade the surface world because of us polluting the oceans. Thing is, she knows nothing of humans and hilarity ensues :P. This anime also has not been licensed yet, therefore legal to download.

Naruto is just too long with far too many fillers inbetween, so it's hard to pick up on today. I've mostly seen bits and pieces of it because it's rather drawn out like DBZ but not as much. Get the games though, as many of them are good and rather innovative.

Wolf's rain is also a good sci-fi anime with many good effects and a nice story behind it. However it's hard to find on dvd or torrent, so getting the entire anime will be a hard task.

Cowboy Bebop is a quite good anime for its time with a solid story and great animation work. IMO it ends too soon though...

On the movie side we have Gunbuster, which is about humankind's last stand against a horde of aliens. It's a great movie, but the plot may be a bit flaky.

The original Ghost In The Shell movie is also quite good

Although not anime, The movie Casshern contains many classic anime story traits. It also looks quite anime-ish as well. If you're into the cyberpunk genre, I can recommend this one. However I have still to find a version with acceptable subtitles

I got Wolf's Rain off of youtube.

Zarith
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2013, 8:29 am

1. Death Note (shall always be mentioned when I see manga/anime written somewhere)
2. Bamboo Blade (the anime, enver read the manga, Season 1 was awesome and hopefully there'll be a Season 2.)
3. One Piece (Started reading the manga recently. Someone who wants to be a feared pirate king but has the most ridiculous name ever, Luffy ... it works)
4. Junjo Romantica (for what's ultimately a male-male romance anime, it's surprisingly cute.)
5. Spirited Away (if that counts as anime)
6. Pokémon/Digimon/Yu-gi-Oh (Oldies but goldies)