Do you wish you had boyfriend?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2009, 8:53 am

Wombat wrote:
Unless you are really gross and creepy then there is someone for you.

Girls: Go to gun clubs and motorcycle races.

Guys: Go to church groups and art galleries.

I don't care if you are fat or thin, spotty or balding, rich or poor.

For every unhappy young man there is an unhappy young woman who would love to love you.

I do like the sport of shooting be it guns or bown' arrows. Perhaps it is this and other masculine qualities that guys find unattractive... :(

I do like art galleries though.... :D

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2009, 5:56 pm

I only wish for more friendship

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2009, 8:15 pm

I wish for a girlfriend.

Penandinkmarie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2009, 9:52 pm

Everyday. I wish I had someone to call me every day to ask me how my day was, to comfort me when I've had a bad day, or to laugh and smile with me if I had a great day. I just wish I had someone who wanted me. You know? It's a great feeling....I miss it. =\

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 2:11 am

I always liked the thinking of another's needs when out shopping, picking up some treat or treasure for them and subtly sneaking it into their lunch sack or leaving it on his pillow.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 2:41 am

I always liked the thinking of another's needs when out shopping, picking up some treat or treasure for them and subtly sneaking it into their lunch sack or leaving it on his pillow.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 5:59 am

Naw, I do not wish I had a boyfriend

CerebralDreamer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 7:08 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Wombat wrote:

For every unhappy young man there is an unhappy young woman who would love to love you.

I do like the sport of shooting be it guns or bown' arrows. Perhaps it is this and other masculine qualities that guys find unattractive... :(

I do like art galleries though.... :D

I hate thinking back on some of the dates I had at museums. It really tells you how someone regards history. If they just look and move on, paying no particular attention to each piece, it's obvious the artist's motives and time period weren't even considered.

It's funny, because the girl I'm currently pursuing is in Anthropology. At least the museum visits won't be tortuous.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 8:40 am

sometimes

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 8:00 pm

It's very hard for me to say. I'd have to say I'm undecided at this point. There are moments where I really do want a girlfriend and there are other moments where I really don't. I would certainly like to have some companionship and have that sweet, exciting feeling of being with a girl that makes me happy. I do not know what that feeling would be like. One side of me wants a girlfriend because I'm very lonely, I still have raging hormones that never get compensation and it at times just plain sucks that I can't live like a normal person and have a girl that actually likes me in a romantic way. The girls I know like me like their oddball brother or a mentor like figure.

At the same time, I really don't want a girlfriend either. I feel I am very distrusting and finding a girlfriend would be a very intimating ordeal. I'd be afraid she'd either not be the right type, that I'm not good enough or that she'd end up hating me. If I had a girlfriend, my whole life would be turned upside down. I would be dragged completely out of my comfort zone and I feel there would be a chance I could be miserable if I find the wrong girl. I feel that I am not completely ready for a relationship yet. Sure when I'm lonely, I can't get some loving that would relive a ton of my tension and I will get no companionship but there are positives and negatives for both. When I'm alone, I am in my complete comfort zone and living in solitude is all I have known my whole life. Getting in a relationship would be a huge transition in my life. At this point, I feel I should just focus on other aspects of my life that's more important. Sure, I want a girl to give me some affection and I guess eventually sex like a normal guy wants but if that moment actually happened, I'd probably for real panic.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 8:22 pm

Wombat wrote:

Just make sure it's a church that has your age group in its regular population. I only lucked out because there was one woman in my church willing to date me (and she's 4 years younger than me). If this doesn't work out, I have no other alternatives...

Ligea_Seroua
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 8:34 pm

sinsboldly wrote:

oh yes. Nearly shed a tear of nostalgia at that one.

Here's another, when you have had a horrible , exhausting day at work , but it's alright because they come and meet you, that wordless moment when you just have a hug.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 9:32 pm

Sometimes I do, when I am idealising it maybe. I always find Christmas the hardest time to be single, actually. I spend too much time watching families out and about I suppose, but then I think, well, if I had it, I would probably wish I was alone again.

When with someone, I loved being able to have someone else to think about and think of, as someone said, looking for gifts for them and the like.

But I always found it hard sharing my space with someone... it felt intrusive and as if I was never alone at all.. this constant presence there. The hand holding was nice, I suppose, sometimes, but I didn't like the hugging and other stuff so much.

With me it is a sort of damned if I do and damned if I don't situation so for now I am just about content being alone. I have my books and contact online. I lost the feeling of being incomplete without another person.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 10:19 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Wombat wrote:

Just make sure it's a church that has your age group in its regular population. I only lucked out because there was one woman in my church willing to date me (and she's 4 years younger than me). If this doesn't work out, I have no other alternatives...

unless, of course, someone else joins the church, or your church meets with other churches and you meet other women . .
the future has unlimited opportunities we know nothing about. (thank goodness!)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 10:42 pm

I'm getting along fine alone but there are many times that I find myself feeling war-weary. Times like that it feels like a deep hug and a warm smile would sooth everything. I don't feel like its impossible for me to find someone who I could invest enough worth in and vice a versa to have a great marriage, just that I really feel like its entirely in the hands of serendipity. I know what to keep my eyes peeled for but seeing it is rare.

(and yes I should probably be more clear - I'm hoping to have a strong, independent, and tenacious woman in my corner)

Lung_Drac
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Nov 2009, 7:40 pm

I'm fifteen years old, and I'm already sick of seeing guys and girls in my school hugging and kissing each other. But, then again, I think all the guys in my school are jerks and stupid little kids (glad I'm not attracting any!)
As of consequence, I'm forced to suppress my sad hormones every day, but I keep catching myself looking at guys in my school for a microsecond (ew). Seriously, folks, they look like they're what a cat would cough up!

But if my dream partner does exist (I doubt he does), I definitely won't be picky. He can have a face only a mother could love and I'd still love him. His body size doesn't matter, his skin colour means nothing, but if possible, he shouldn't be an NT (I can't stand NTs and their culture). Hopefully, he would want to have a serious relationship (as if any man is willing to do that these days!).

If I were to be married, and we get a house, he gets to decorate it (because I don't know how to). He can go out with his friends when he wants to, he's allowed to have his own space, he can get drunk as long as he doesn't hurt me (accidental or not), and he can look at other women too (if I suspect he's cheating, I'm sleeping in another room or leaving!). I won't argue about trivial things, and I won't nag him if he doesn't do his share in housework (only gentle reminders).
But seriously, who on this planet would actually want to have a relationship with me?! It's obvious that no one wants to.

All in all, yes, I wish I had a boyfriend. It's the fact that I'm lonely all the time that bothers me.