I found out my co-worker has a crush on me

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 3:23 pm

Dating coworkers is challenging, and fraught with potential issues. That said, I met my wife through working together a decade ago; we went out together, talked a lot, but the romance didn't blossom from that bud until years after we had both left that company. Good luck, and remember - by taking risks, we also receive opportunities... nothing ventured, however, leaves nothing to be gained.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 6:38 pm

My sister is getting married to a work colleague. They have been going out for some years now. She is not one to pull punches. It really depends on maturity IMO. In other words, leave it until after. They live in he same place they don't always travel in and back together.

kbergren21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2009, 9:02 pm

Just keep it fun - Like Park walks, comedy clubs, etc. Don't go charging for physical contact till at least the third date and take it slow. If a woman wants something more than fun they'll let you know. For fun or seriousness either way you're in control. You can have the cake and choose whether or not to eat it ;).

Praetor2379
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Dec 2009, 1:23 am

So, i was talking to her today about relationships. I asked her if had any boyfriends, and she said she dated a guy who dumped her when he got fed up with her problems in life. I told her that one day she would find a guy who would be with her hrough and through a treat her right. She deserved it. then she quickly logged off. What happened?

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2009, 5:13 am

Praetor2379 wrote:
So, i was talking to her today about relationships. I asked her if had any boyfriends, and she said she dated a guy who dumped her when he got fed up with her problems in life. I told her that one day she would find a guy who would be with her hrough and through a treat her right. She deserved it. then she quickly logged off. What happened?

It may have sounded like you were saying she would meet a nice guy eventually and implied it wasn't you.

If that's true now might be "make or break" time. Can you see yourself going out with her? Do you think you would like to be in a relationship with her? Lastly she has said about her problems, I guess there is more to it that just anxiety, are you prepared to accept that, and do you think she will accept your problems?

If yes then can you call her up? Admit that you like her. You haven't said that to her yet right? She is probably just as confused about where you are at. If your nervous as hell well say that your nervous, that you want to say something and tell her you like her. Maybe to remove doubt ask her out on a "date" after, specifically say the word date.

I know if I was in that situation (I'm a guy) I would be under a massive amount of anxiety thinking about saying that. Hardest part is making the call/saying those words.

Again my guess is that you just haven't said you like her yet, she would be dying from anxiety from uncertainty.

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2009, 5:22 am

Oh yeah no guarantees on my post. I have a mild interest in the psychology of why people do things, though I've never had a gf :(

Can't hurt to try though 8)