Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Feb 2006, 11:34 pm

Im confused where the boundary between casual touching and flirting/intimate touching begins.

There is this girl in college that I sit next to. She is Korean, a little bit older then me (has a fine art degree), and has been in the states for a good two years. The last time I saw her, she had a boyfriend. I dont make an effort to know people's private affairs so currently I dont know if she is still dating. But anyways, when she talks to me, her hand sometimes grazes the end of my thigh, at the kneecaps. She speaks softly and quietly, making it hard for me to judge her intention by her tone. We usually only small-talk to one another.

I suspect that if someone touches the inner part of your thigh (which she is not doing) it is definitly flirting, but its just something more casual if they it at the outer end. But, if someone thinks my assumption is wrong the could they offer a second opinion? Where do people actually draw the line in these matters?

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2006, 11:59 pm

wait and see if she starts touching the buttockal end of your thighs

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2006, 11:12 am

If she keeps doing it repeatedly it can't always be an accident, can it? I honestly don't know, but if it occurs frequently and there's no reason - like she drops her pen or something, unless she does that deliberately, why else would she be touching your knee? Maybe you could ask her what she did on the weekend or something to see if she has a boyfriend or not, that way you wouldn't need to worry?