09 Dec 2009, 9:41 pm

This was a cool read.......

Slashdot article

Any input?

Sparx139
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2009, 12:34 am

It's a good read, and a win-win scenario. Companies get PR brownie points for taking people with ASD (don't take this the wrong way, try to think like an average NT after a bit of clever marketing), and we get a job that we like. Of course, that's assuming that we fit the stereotype. Still, it's nice to see a situation where we actually have an advantage in the workforce.

TheKingsRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2009, 4:23 am

Testing... I've done support calls, testing and development. Testing was the worst of the three because its so monotonus.

Still all round good news if you actually enjoy testing.

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2009, 12:30 pm

I love boring monotonous stuff!! !!

I can sit down and do boring stuff forever.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 10:12 am

Unfortunately, I have a fiery temper that makes it difficult for me to find suitable jobs.

And I am still trying.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 5:37 pm

Personally, I prefer no job at all. Autistics are generally not accepted by most corporations, and autodidactism tends to be of higher concentration in the autistic population. Self-employment allows for autodidacts to excel where they would be unable to find work. Additionally, that way allows for pay based on value of work, and from what I can tell, autistics provide great value on their work.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 5:39 pm

Personally, I prefer no job at all. Autistics are generally not accepted by most corporations, and autodidactism tends to be of higher concentration in the autistic population. Self-employment allows for autodidacts to excel where they would be unable to find work. Additionally, that way allows for pay based on value of work, and from what I can tell, autistics provide great value on their work.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 2:22 am

The governments would save alot of money if they fired all the NT's who gossip at the water cooler in government office jobs which require processing applications, and replace them with autistics and aspies who will use the allotted work time to work instead of gossipping.Autistics are more productive than NT's.I think the Auditor General should do an audit on NT gossipping and small talk in government workplaces and how much taxpayer money is wasted on useless NT BS.Im pretty sure if taxpayers are given a choice...highly productive autistics who process applications fast vs.gossipping NTs that waste tax money and gossip, the taxpayers will vote with their wallets and choose the autisitics to process their applications.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!