Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Arti
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Dec 2009, 2:27 am

I have HP Lap-top I bought at 27th Nov 2009 from USA. (out of warranty)
I am facing some problems with it, In case if you know any solution then please let me know.
HP Model - G50 - 118NR

My laptop screen Flicker,(for example when we bring mobile phone close to laptop or tv, we get Flicker linings)
We get more Flicker when we put laptop in lap or on bed, but when we put laptop on some plain hard surface Flickering is very less.

What I tried: I tried to open in Bios mode (pressing F10 ) I got same Flickering in that screen too first time but second time I haven’t got any Flicker.
Please tell me what I have to do?

kip
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2009, 2:38 am

Sounds like the screen is not grounding, especially if the flickering seems faint or patchy. Easy fix for a tech. Take it to a mom and pop shop, they are usually much cheaper.

If you've got tech skills, the screen connector to the mobo will have a second wire with a hard connection to the chassis. This works loose sometimes cause of shoddy manufacturing or age, also being rough with the screen or using the laptop in hot conditions. Resolder it down, it doesn't need to be easily removed, like the screw down types you also see in Toshiba.

Now, if it's actual lines, thats possibly the inverter. Couldn't tell you for sure without actually seeing it, but those will be like... old TV lines, not wavy or broken. Thats another easy part, but most shops will try to sell you the whole screen. The inverter is in the back of the screen, usually a 4-5 in long chip with quick connect cables on each end. 20 bucks and a trip to ebay will get you a new one.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot