Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:22 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Let me ask you a couple questions: 1) how large is your dosage? I fought with the psychiatrist all the way and my dosage never exceeded 10mg/day (although most of the time it was 5 mg/day). 2) Do you feel as though you are yourself taking the drug? Yes, I felt a little happier when I went on the drug, but it felt as though the happiness was artificial and forced on me. I felt as though I was "happy against my will", as it were (as opposed to being naturally happy, which has only occurred once since I hit puberty, when I first started my last relationship)

You should watch the movie 'Dopamine'....

Sorry if I am butting in on your conversation with my little comments.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:24 pm

I'm on 60 mg, but can get away from 40 sometimes, but I take 60 just to be on the safe side and not have the rare "off-day." When you're happy, feeling "bad" isn't acceptable and there will be an obvious difference. And yes, I feel like myself taking the drug. I still have my natural personality, I just don't have the "Everyone hates me, no girl will ever like me, everything sucks" attitude.

Without the pills, I would be like you, only with a better self-image and not as much complaining, but I'd feel that hopeless.

Also, I'm not happy as in elated, I'm more happy as in "normal." Kind of like Faith said, I'm more comfortable with who I really am...being in the house and I'm much more pleasurable to be around to my family. More importantly, even when I feel "bad" it isn't bad the way you might feel right now, it's "bad" as in just a normal person's bad mood.

This would also help you get a girlfriend because you'd be nicer to be around. I also notice that I'm more outgoing on the medicine when I choose to be.

Last edited by therange on 17 Dec 2009, 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:40 pm

therange wrote:
I'm on 60 mg, but can get away from 40 sometimes, but I take 60 just to be on the safe side and not have the rare "off-day." When you're happy, feeling "bad" isn't acceptable and there will be an obvious difference. And yes, I feel like myself taking the drug. I'm still have my natural personality, I just don't have the "Everyone hates me, no girl will ever like me, everything sucks" attitude.

Without the pills, I would be like you, only with a better self-image and not as much complaining, but I'd feel that hopeless.

Also, I'm not happy as in elated, I'm more happy as in "normal." Kind of like Faith said, I'm more comfortable with who I really am...being in the house and I'm much more pleasurable to be around to my family. More importantly, even when I feel "bad" it isn't bad the way you might feel right now, it's "bad" as in just a normal person's bad mood.

This would also help you get a girlfriend because you'd be nicer to be around. I also notice that I'm more outgoing on the medicine when I choose to be.

That's not what I felt at all over the 1 1/2 years I was on the drug. I felt happier, yes, but that kind of happiness for no reason at all just feels unnatural to me. Same thing with being outgoing: I would feel as though the drug was making me do things against my will. And making me enjoy things against my will... that's the real scary part. I ended up going to a school dance early senior year, and I actually liked it... if I go on Prozac now, I would probably start to like drinking... *shudder*

Last edited by ToadOfSteel on 17 Dec 2009, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:42 pm

FaithHopeCheese wrote:
You should watch the movie 'Dopamine'....

What's it about? The wikipedia article wasn't that descriptive...

Quote:
Sorry if I am butting in on your conversation with my little comments.

Nah, you're not... comments are always welcome to me...

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:53 pm

Here is a review/converse ad :?: -----You'll see what I mean :lol:

http://www.chucksconnection.com/dopamine.html

The movie wasn't that great as a 'film' but I liked the premise.