90% of Aspies can't get a date?

Page 25 of 26 [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 10:43 am

warsend wrote:
onechordbassist wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:

I wrote this.
I still stand by what I wrote.

Hurr durr. After all those people disproving you by telling their own experiences, and with you still not backing up your claims by actual evidence (and no, your personal failure is NOT enough evidence to make your claims valid in the furthest sense) you still keep sticking to your, well... opinion (and it's really not more than that) as if you lost something were you actually accepting reality. Made-up percentages are not statistics and personal opinions do not have the relevance of actual research.

If you can give us any evidence of the average aspie being intellectually inferior to NTs (besides your own on which you apparently base your claims) and unable to a) behave like an adult in everyday situations (yes, it is a huge effort for us, tiring and and exhausting as whatever) and b) get a relationship with their preferred gender which is actually mutual, then do yourself and all of us here the favor to actually present it. If not, shut the EFF up.

It might, however, be possible you're not even talking about Asperger's itself but about Kanner's/LFA. Yet in this case you're using wrong terminology which is also more an embarrassment than anything else.

Comes down to.. you're opinionated and you expect your opinion to be respected simply because it's an opinion.

+1, if there was rep you'd get it. I'm waiting for the 90% source myself. I can say 90% of NT's don't understand how badass aspies are and it has the same merit as what that dude is saying.
ya I want to see that 90 percent stat article or study posted here for proof, but if it true I refuse to let it stop me

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 11:57 am

to mr.life-32.1% reported they have had a romantic
or intimate relationship in the past
14.9% stated they were currently
in a romantic relationship
415 (86.5%) were single, 43 (9.0%) were married, 11 (2.3%) were separated or divorced, and. 10 (2%) were living common-law.
www.redpathcentre.ca/sitebuildercontent ... rt2013.pdf

84 percent had never been in a long-term relationship-
Nearly all were unmarried — 99 percent of those with autistic disorder, compared with 92 percent of those with PDD-NOS.
https://sfari.org/news-and-opinion/news ... -as-adults

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm

billiscool wrote:
to mr.life-32.1% reported they have had a romantic
or intimate relationship in the past
14.9% stated they were currently
in a romantic relationship
415 (86.5%) were single, 43 (9.0%) were married, 11 (2.3%) were separated or divorced, and. 10 (2%) were living common-law.
www.redpathcentre.ca/sitebuildercontent ... rt2013.pdf

84 percent had never been in a long-term relationship-
Nearly all were unmarried — 99 percent of those with autistic disorder, compared with 92 percent of those with PDD-NOS.
https://sfari.org/news-and-opinion/news ... -as-adults

ouch, geeze, but I don't think it should be hopeless

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

to mr.life-I would say,based on studies*,I've seen around 60-70%
of ASD people,will never date. 30-40% chance of
getting a Partner.1-10% chance of getting married.

(note,these studies are very limit,and only based
on city and regional level.so,they are not national
represent sample,they also include the more severe
ASD people,as well,so which would also bring,never date
percent up)

More:also,interesting,in them studies,both gender equally
struggle in getting dates.One study took 122 randomly
selective ASD men and women,and found out,both
equally couldn't get dates,again this was a single city,
and not national represent sample.

Last edited by billiscool on 14 Mar 2014, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 2:32 pm

billiscool wrote:
to mr.life-I would say,based on studies*,I've seen around 60-70%
of ASD people,will never date. 30-40% chance of
getting a Partner.1-10% chance of getting married.

(note,these studies are very limit,and only based
on city and regional level.so,they are not national
represent sample,they also include the more severe
ASD people,as well,so which would also bring,never date
percent up)

oh ok, ya if they are based on city and regional level, then there is hope

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 2:45 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:

of course there is,no one has ever said 100% of all ASD people ever
have never dated.Even if 90% of aspie can't get date was true,still
shows that 10% can,so it show that it is possible for ASD people to date.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 2:56 pm

billiscool wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

of course there is,no one has ever said 100% of all ASD people ever
have never dated.Even if 90% of aspie can't get date was true,still
shows that 10% can,so it show that it is possible for ASD people to date.

ya i'm just trying my hardest to remove my mind of negative thoughts, i'm guessing the 90 percent of those people, the majority of them don't try hard enough

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 9:24 pm

Its to remove the victim mentality

Ford302
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2014, 12:11 am

This is a long thread. Maybe I replied before but here I go:
I'm now 47. Getting horizontal feels really good but is also empty if you don't really know the other person or love him/her. I had sex once at age 18 with a really nice gal who barely knew what to do, but who I had known for only a week. I was REALLY scared of getting her pregnant and lived in fear and guilt/shame for the next month until she had her period. I have been on only about 5 dates in my life. My last date was the summer of 2001. My last kiss was early 1991. I started on eharmony.com about 10 years ago. I met 4 nice women of which none were attractive enough for me. I have bounced around to match.com pof.com & okcupid.com. I have been on pof and okcupid for over a year and I can't even get a date. I get messages from women 100 pounds overweight or ones that are homely. I'm having a hard time adjusting to this as when I was in high school I had some of the prettiest gals talk to and show and interest in me. Two quite attractive twins in my class both asked me out multiple times. One of them had done some modelling. In church I knew two sisters who at one time were competing against each other for me. Their mom had done some modelling. They were both quite attractive.
And now I haven't had a date in almost 13 years. I guess when I was younger I found it easier to talk to people. I have had so many run ins with bad people in the last 15 years I can't trust people any more.

capri0112
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2014, 8:36 am

Pobodys_Nerfect wrote:
Yea but unfortunately the aspie females keep passing on the genes.

What? Is this a reference to some scientific genetic breakthrough I have not heard about? Please do share your source. I would be very interested.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 8:52 am

Ford302 wrote:
This is a long thread. Maybe I replied before but here I go:
I'm now 47. Getting horizontal feels really good but is also empty if you don't really know the other person or love him/her. I had sex once at age 18 with a really nice gal who barely knew what to do, but who I had known for only a week. I was REALLY scared of getting her pregnant and lived in fear and guilt/shame for the next month until she had her period. I have been on only about 5 dates in my life. My last date was the summer of 2001. My last kiss was early 1991. I started on eharmony.com about 10 years ago. I met 4 nice women of which none were attractive enough for me. I have bounced around to match.com pof.com & okcupid.com. I have been on pof and okcupid for over a year and I can't even get a date. I get messages from women 100 pounds overweight or ones that are homely. I'm having a hard time adjusting to this as when I was in high school I had some of the prettiest gals talk to and show and interest in me. Two quite attractive twins in my class both asked me out multiple times. One of them had done some modelling. In church I knew two sisters who at one time were competing against each other for me. Their mom had done some modelling. They were both quite attractive.
And now I haven't had a date in almost 13 years. I guess when I was younger I found it easier to talk to people. I have had so many run ins with bad people in the last 15 years I can't trust people any more.
they asked you out? That's very interesting, because almost all girls are stubbornly old fashioned in the sense they wait for the guy to initiate

Ford302
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2014, 10:43 am

Yes they asked me out. And my Hitler strict mother would not let me date gals not in our church.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 11:48 am

Thats because 90% of the populous don't find aspies attractive!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Ford302
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2014, 6:19 pm

From what I can remember 9 different women have asked me out.

ToJaFro
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Mar 2014, 8:57 pm

I'm enjoying reading this thread so much, a big thank you to the thread starter and everyone who has contributed so far :)... You have made my day.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 10:08 pm

capri0112 wrote:
Pobodys_Nerfect wrote:
Yea but unfortunately the aspie females keep passing on the genes.

What? Is this a reference to some scientific genetic breakthrough I have not heard about? Please do share your source. I would be very interested.

It's been hypothesized that many cases of autism are caused by exposure to common pollutants before birth. If that's true, get ready to see autism rates go through the roof.