Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 6:44 pm

I was curious about this, are people with Aspergers ambitious in their careers. As in, do you care whether or not you're in a management position or do you just want enough money to finance your lifestyle without the stress of "playing the game" at work, where you fight for promotions and the attention of the boss.

I know there are other factors but if you were content with being in the position you're in and you earn enough money to live comfortably but not TOO much would you still want a promotion or pay rise?

It seems that most NT's do this, they always want a better position, more power to boss people around, more money even if they don't actually need it. I would like to know whether or not people with Autism/Aspergers feel the need to earn more money than they actually need and get promoted just for the sake of it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 6:52 pm

I'm quite happy with my little job. I don't need a career. I'm making ends meet just fine.

leighsa
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Dec 2009, 8:07 pm

In a previous job I was promoted to management, I did it for awhile but then stepped down back to my original position. It didn't have to do so much with "ambition" as much as the fact that management requires a lot more dealing with people and attempting to "manage" them which, being an Aspie, is not my thing. In work I'd rather be responsible for my own work, not that of others.