Over 150 13%  13%  [ 84 ]
I don't know my IQ 13%  13%  [ 88 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 662

Little_Professor
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Dec 2009, 3:51 pm

This is for statistics. :nerdy: Please be honest.

csimon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2009, 3:57 pm

Perhaps a common IQ test could be posted and results taken from there? I'm just thinking that not all IQ tests are the same. I could be wrong.

Last edited by csimon on 30 Dec 2009, 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 5:36 pm

Mine is 136.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 6:07 pm

Little_Professor wrote:

Whats yours, there are plenty of IQ threads with plenty of exaggerated IQ's :roll:

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 6:51 pm

I had mine tested at nine when I was in the mental hospital and it came back 74.2. I don't know.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 7:23 pm

last time Ive had the test done was when I was 19. Officiated test and all that because the psychologist that saw me to deem whether I should be getting disability checks from the state was curious as to what my IQ was. Official all-purpose number was 163, sadly I don't have score breakdowns.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 7:57 pm

You should include in the title that this is a poll,, and that only official tests are allowed.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 11:33 pm

I can definately say, immense IQ, barely functional emotional intelligence though, so thats another thing.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Little_Professor
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jan 2010, 2:32 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
Little_Professor wrote:

Whats yours, there are plenty of IQ threads with plenty of exaggerated IQ's :roll:

I know! Mine is 500 :wink:
Actually, I don't know. I had the test a long time ago. I think its between "above average" and "superior." That would be between 115 and 140.

What's yours?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 4:13 pm

Little_Professor wrote:

why? :D are you writing a book?

Merle

masterdieff
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jan 2010, 3:34 am

Hate to bring this up, but I've got jack all to do right now anyway. This test is biased for two reasons (now that I'm getting into this post I see there are more than two, actually).

Firstly, the people frequenting this forum are those with autism that have "normal" or better language abilities- ie, Asperger's Syndrome overwhelmingly. Let's be honest here: that group of people- people with Asperger's- are probably one standard deviation higher than the normal population in terms of the distribution of their IQ scores. Though this isn't a scientifically established "fact", the emerging research, as I see it, supports this proposition.

Before I go on, let me quell a probable thought that might be invoked if one were to have read the above paragraph. Yes, I realize that finding the distribution of IQ scores amongst Aspies was probably the purpose of this test. And yes, I realize that this was not intended to be a serious study with reliable data, and that my criticisms, while valid, are redundant. Like I said, I'm bored right now.

The other big thing is much more serious (serious contextualized to this rather trivial matter). I don't remember for sure what the term is from the half a statistics class I took, but I think it's called a "primary error". The data gathered by this poll will be skewed by the fact that IQ carries with it a certain unspoken "status" descriptor. Thus, people with higher IQ's are more likely to participate than those with lower IQ's.

That's pretty much all I care to go into, and pretty much all that I was going to. If you combine those two factors, or at least the second one, with a few other not-so-large data fudgers, the resultant data is all but useless. Now, of course you can take all these things into account and present the data in all its stratified glory, but at that point I fail to find the utility in such a venture.

Though I have to say, it is pretty awesome that the data is already a bell curve. Science rules.

Not a Christian, just a thinker.

iamtre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2010, 12:39 pm

I am in mensa

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 9:08 pm

iamtre wrote:
I am in mensa

I was in mensa when I was a kid but I kind of didn't see the point to it so I haven't kept up with it.

Nadir
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jan 2010, 11:48 pm

Yeah, I left mensa as well, to me it looked like people in the group were trying to show their best skills and prove they are smarter, I was in the group of the 2%, and the group of the 1% were like arrogant people, so I decidedto actually get in touch with neurotypicals.

strawhat1944
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2010, 1:10 am

In addition to Masterdieff's well-taken points, this poll is flawed on another front: It collects IQ scores reported by an unknown mix of testing instruments, some of which have scoring scales that differ quite a bit from others. Two standard deviations above the mean on a Stanford-Binet test, is a noticeably different number from a +2 s.d. score on a Wechsler test.

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2010, 6:43 am

No idea. When I was about 8-9ish I remember doing an online test and getting about 110-120ish. However, for the sake of the fact that I do not know at this moment in time, I shall put that I do not know.