Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 11:08 am

Some people are pickier about who they add or accept than others. I'm quite shy about adding people so I can relate to those who don't give me a friend request after a moment's notice. However, I add pretty much everyone who adds me, provided I've actually met you at least once before. I have fewer "friends" on Facebook than most of my peers (less than 100), but I like to think that has a lot to do with my relative shyness about adding people.

I have unfriended one person, and that was the person elected as student entertainment officer at my university. We spoke once during his campaign to be elected and he was quite rude, and soon after he sent me a friend request. I added him anyway, because I add everyone, but then it transpired that he was adding everyone on the college network (regardless of whether he had even met them) as part of his campaign to be elected. He won in a landslide and then went on to regularly send everyone on his friend list invites to college social events. I by then had left my university and was quite annoyed by this, so I unfriended him. That's what it takes to get me to unfriend you!

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2010, 1:36 am

I had a deeply surprising event happen to me in Facebookland over the last few days.

The other night I got a invite to be a member of a Facebook group of a factory that I worked at a number of years ago. What is strange, is that I never worked for the company itself, but much rather a contract security company. I worked there for 5 years as the night watchman. The factory shut it's doors last year due to the economy. After I joined this group, I have had about two dozen friend requests from former employees of this factory/co-workers.

I knew that I got along with the people there, but I didn't realize that I was liked and respected that much there. It also didn't hurt that it was probably my most favorite job I ever held.

AspiRob
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2010, 7:47 pm

passionatebach wrote:
I knew that I got along with the people there, but I didn't realize that I was liked and respected that much there.

I find that is one of the harder things with AS - working out what people think of me without flat out asking them.

MedusaMetropolis
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2010, 10:42 am

I hate Facebook. My cousin (my age) rejected my invitation. My neighbors talk about hanging out together; there's another dinner I wasn't invited to. I asked some classmates if they were going to our high school reunion and they all said no, but most of them were in the pictures. What they meant to say is "No I'm not going with you." I was an idiot for thinking I could talk to people online and then they would want to do things in real life.