TV characters confirmed to have Aspergers

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aietra
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2010, 4:14 pm

Meh...probably...in keeping with people's idea that adults can't have ASDs.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 4:44 pm

Aietra wrote:
Meh...probably...in keeping with people's idea that adults can't have ASDs.

I hate that notion.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

potty245
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2010, 6:46 pm

JJ out of skins

little_jim64
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jan 2010, 1:08 pm

There is an Aspergers episode of Law & Order Criminal Intent. Had the TV on in the living room, and listening from the kitchen (I listen to WAY more TV than I watch!) while it was re-run a week or so ago.

I 'figured it out' long before Gorham (sp) made his 'big discovery'...the Aspy character was a bit overplayed, but heck...it's just TV!

.. all I could think was.. COOL! We have our own 'Quincy Punks' epesode now!

lithium73
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jan 2010, 9:14 pm

from the article above on Bones and Zac with Aspergers

While Boreanaz's character, a hard-charging agent with intimacy issues, doesn't exactly break new ground in television, Deschanel's Dr. Temperance Brennan, a brilliant scientist with extremely limited social skills, probably does. At least for women.

So clueless is Brennan when it comes to the way most humans interact that Boreanaz's Booth has been forced to become a sort of guide to the world outside Brennan's laboratory.

When asked if Brennan might not actually have Asperger syndrome - a condition many doctors consider a form of high-functioning autism - Deschanel nodded.

"Hart Hanson, the creator of the show, and I discuss, you know, that my character almost has Asperger syndrome, and, you know, if maybe if it was a film, that I maybe specifically would have Asperger's," she said.

"If you look at the character of Zack, [a Brennan subordinate who's] played by Eric Millegan, he almost definitely has Asperger syndrome," she added.

"I think it's fascinating to have a character who's brilliant in one area and clueless" in others, Deschanel said.

"And it's so sweet that she's trying to learn about things. You know, I talked to a psychologist who specializes in people with Asperger's and she said she's worked with kids who start at 12 years old not being able to understand, you know, a social interaction almost at all and then are now in college and can have relationships that are almost more in touch than a lot of kids their age, because they work so much in therapy and work so hard," she said.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jan 2010, 10:52 pm

These characters both have Asperger's and it's a heavy part of their storylines:

Connor in Degrassi: the Next Generation.

Dr. Virginia Dixon in Grey's Anatomy

Laki
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Nov 2017, 1:03 pm

Sheldon and Amy from The Big Bang Theory and Nepeta Leijon from Homestuck.