Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 11:04 am

Title says it all.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 11:41 am

"Artsy" is a mildly pejorative term. People who are actually artists, or appreciate art, will not respond positively to your question.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 12:01 pm

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 12:32 pm

I was just trying to see if I could find someone on the same wavelength without pretending to be someone else.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 12:37 pm

Actually, this was meant to be in the Social Skills and Making Friends folder. I just wasn't sure, so I put it in PPR because it mentioned "neo-conservatives".

I should have mentioned that.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 1:46 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
"Artsy" is a mildly pejorative term. People who are actually artists, or appreciate art, will not respond positively to your question.

What I meant was:

After 8 years of George W. Bush, people became polarized to the extent that they showed animosity toward those with even slightly opposing views.

I don't fit into either "pole", and have an eclectic combination of religious beliefs, political beliefs, and special interests, and see myself as caught in the crossfire.

I was just trying to find others who were as eclectic in that regard.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 2:58 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I was just trying to see if I could find someone on the same wavelength without pretending to be someone else.

Yeah but "neo-conservative" isn't an accurate description of you, for you to use it to find somebody on the "same" wavelength. Don't you remember, in the "Tim_Tex: In His Own Words" thread? I thought you liked the term "moderate Independent" better.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 3:22 pm

Stinkypuppy wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Yeah but "neo-conservative" isn't an accurate description of you, for you to use it to find somebody on the "same" wavelength. Don't you remember, in the "Tim_Tex: In His Own Words" thread? I thought you liked the term "moderate Independent" better.

Sorry about that. I was confused about what a neocon was.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 3:37 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
arielhawksquill wrote:

What I meant was:

After 8 years of George W. Bush, people became polarized to the extent that they showed animosity toward those with even slightly opposing views.

I don't fit into either "pole", and have an eclectic combination of religious beliefs, political beliefs, and special interests, and see myself as caught in the crossfire.

I was just trying to find others who were as eclectic in that regard.

Well, perhaps it is your continued use of polarizing buzzwords like "artsy" and "neocon" which is making it so hard for you to find people who occupy the vast middle ground.

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2010, 11:21 pm

I'm not sure exactly what neo-conservative is, but for artistic conservatives, I've known one and heard of several

Years ago, they had some art show downtown that featured right wing work, and a lot of christian-themed pieces (and nobody objected that it went against the main theme, which goes to show you the two are almost inseparable.)

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

21 Jan 2010, 10:18 pm

neo-con. and artsy are like comparing a snake with a ferret. Religious artists are usually not widely accepted in the art world and the art world is very progressive with the exception of the county art aliance...which does mostly landscape painting anyway. Neo-Con's are usually corperate criminals and spin doctors who pretend to be religious to win the favor of people who cannot seperate out religion and covert discrimnation.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 10:31 pm

jojobean wrote:
neo-con. and artsy are like comparing a snake with a ferret. Religious artists are usually not widely accepted in the art world and the art world is very progressive with the exception of the county art aliance...which does mostly landscape painting anyway. Neo-Con's are usually corperate criminals and spin doctors who pretend to be religious to win the favor of people who cannot seperate out religion and covert discrimnation.

Actually, I am Lutheran, which is very progressive in its beliefs. In ELCA, women and LGBT people can be pastors.

I am mainly a Republican in regards to free enterprise.

Hope that helps.

And I was seeking art appreciators, rather than artists.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

22 Jan 2010, 2:53 am

republican is ok... That is doable, but neo concervative is a whole other animal...rather carnivorous I might add.

But as far as republican art appricators, there are plenty of them. They usually like representational works.
what kind of art do you like?

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 4:46 am

I don't consider myself a neo conservative, but a grassroots reformer (Pro-western Canada Conservative-supporter of the old reform party and provincial alberta wildrose alliance).

Im into drawing and music. :D

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 4:53 am

I like art, I support Bush --- and I believe only military power can bring freedom and democracy. :D

So I guess I fit into the profile...

I like Renoir. :D His paintings cheer me up.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 5:36 am

I see you still have your fixation, Tim, with what's conservative and what's liberal.

My own obsession with the whole conservative-liberal dichotomy is fast becoming redundant. I have said before that those females I've managed to attain any sort of positive relationship with tended to be conservative.

But in fact I have had to face up to the reality it's not a matter of their conservatism. In fact I take back anything I've said on WrongPlanet in support of conservatism, and in support of relationships with conservative women. Actually it's about health (obesity) and their location (remote rural). As you can imagine, that's where their opportunity for positive social relationships or romance is restricted.

It just so happens red states have relatively more obesity, and are relatively more rural. These are things that happen to correlate with conservatism, without conservatism being the actual reason I have more chance with women.

Of course your situation is different from mine, but I'm just wondering if there is another reason other than political or social ideology that you do or don't have a chance of positive social relationships, as there is with me.