Anybody in there last year of high school and hating it?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 4:43 pm

I loved my last year of highschool! The other years were pretty mediocre and meh but when I entered year 11 I never wanted to leave. Even though the lessons weren't that fun I liked break times because I could see my best friends in the multi agency (did anyone have a multi agency in their school?) and I was no longer doing PE which is always good.

MomAtSchool
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2010, 9:52 am

MONKEY, What is a multi-agency?

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 6:30 pm

MomAtSchool wrote:
MONKEY, What is a multi-agency?

I don't know if it's just in my school or national. It's like an extra classroom or set of staff that are learning support assistants, mentors and other "extra" stuff. I think their aim is to help kids with certain areas of life like disabilities or things like that. In my multi agency classroom there was always leaflets about various organisations and stuff. I know the staff their owned the special needs register, at my school though the services weren't that good because they put people on the register for silly reasons and they patronise everyone on there.
It wasn't just for that it was also where the sort of outcasts and geeks just went in and chilled and hung out at break times.

Edit: here are some links about the multi agency/SENCO
My school's multi agency
SENCO (special educational needs co-ordinators.)

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 8:06 pm

I found this website... it's not bad. Some of what it says makes quite a lot of sense.

http://www.school-survival.net