Do/did you like writing research papers?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 8:24 pm

While making another College issue topic someone posted find out what I like about college and see if I can't get that elsewhere. A light bulb went off I'm a Researcher/Hunter I lived! for the thrill of the "hunt" for research I even did a paper over the 2 week holiday break once. (and yet the teacher said to take a break I didn't) Sure my grammar sucks so it wasn't great but I loved finding info. and doing the paper. So I was considering MAYBE buying some books on Asperger's and starting a paper of sorts. and perhaps research other topics (I'd go off of books to A) be more professional and B) you have something written NOT some website link to fall back on) I can think of dozens of ideas. 1) Asperger's Syndrome 2)Autism overall (the differences) 3) Subfields of Psychology 4)Neuropsychology 5) Christmas and Psychology 6) (Not sure how) but somehow how the brain works when under the influence of alcohol etc. (I could go ON AND ON with research paper ideas!! !) and I LOVE reading so why not? So I ask for grade school or College level students Do/did you like writing research papers?

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 8:53 pm

I loved research papers. Probably the only one in class who looked forward to the assignments. I rarely got less than an A and could always count on them to boost my grades. This was back in the 60's and now wish I could have found a job doing that kind of work.
I was so good at it I had an anatomy class which I had to do a paper on the 'development of the fetal eye' Crappe' I was scared of that one. By the time I finished I got my A and I never had any Idea what I was even talking about.

Look for three or more options.
"I'm not too crazy about reality, but it's the only place to get a decent meal.

Ezio
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2010, 8:57 pm

NO! I am in university and I hate it! Ive tried to learn to like it, but I just can't.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 9:00 pm

Ezio wrote:
NO! I am in university and I hate it! Ive tried to learn to like it, but I just can't.

Why? Do you get to choose your own topics (give or take) for example I was taking general Psych (developmental and adjustment) and based my papers around those topics but I pretty much CHOSE what I wanted to write and like I said for me while the grammar might not be perfect I can crank one out within 2 weeks. :-)

Ezio
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2010, 9:16 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Why? Do you get to choose your own topics (give or take) for example I was taking general Psych (developmental and adjustment) and based my papers around those topics but I pretty much CHOSE what I wanted to write and like I said for me while the grammar might not be perfect I can crank one out within 2 weeks. :-)

Sometimes I get to choose, sometimes the assignment is given out by the instructor. I'm not very good at writing.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 9:26 pm

Ezio wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Sometimes I get to choose, sometimes the assignment is given out by the instructor. I'm not very good at writing.

Cool. What type of "assignments" stuff have you been told to write about? and why do you have trouble writing? writers block a hard time getting words onto paper or coming up with how to write it? (IMO these are common issues people have) :-) (No offense but I'd say for me I have a HUGE warehouse full of ideas ripe for the picking and IMO if it's a basic topic (animal/disorder etc.) See what type of info. I could find that might be different than say what you find (Unless I'm thinking of things differently since the only College papers I've done is me choosing my topics mostly or they are basic and I work them around my interests) :-)

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 10:01 pm

wutz a reserch paper lol

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 10:07 pm

fernando wrote:
wutz a reserch paper lol

Well a research paper could be any number of things you are asked to research a specific topic at times and find as much info. you can and create a paper on it. OR sometimes choose your own topic that matches the course study and do a paper on that. In MY College it's usually 3,000 words MINIMUM (Mine ranged from 4-5,000 usually) and it has to be "formal" AKA no swearing and such which sucks because I think your view that lets say Mario sucks and it's a piece of s**t etc. (swear swear F word etc.) IMO shows PURE RAW EMOTION (sadly the teacher wrote Omit all over that paper) LOL! (Hey I didn't know!) So swearing is sadly out. :-) I enjoy writing them. For me IMO they are a blast! ESCPECIALLY applying them to my special interest. :-)

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2010, 2:45 am

Once I got into University I loved it.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2010, 9:08 am

Honestly, I hated them.

I can't say it was the work, but the pressure to do something. Overall, there was a sense of satisfaction for getting it done and even more if I got an A, but the pressure to keep deadlines on track, get the research done, conform citations to some stupid and arbitrary standard, etc. really unnerved me.

As much as I don't like manual labor, I think I would be more comfortable tending a garden than having to do that paperwork.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2010, 6:54 pm

I don't have a problem with them; if it's a subject I really like it's even easier to do. Writing has always been a strength of mine.

Netish
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2010, 11:50 pm

I live to do research papers :lol: I do them whenever I find a subject interesting...thus I have a ton saved besides my school work ones.

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2010, 5:53 am

I love writing research papers. They make me happy. Of course, if they were on a subject I didn't care about they could be hellish. I once had to write a paper on swine farming and I wanted to shoot something. But the good thing about college is there's more opportunity to pick your own topic.

Berrylight
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2016, 4:27 am

Sure, I like writing research papers.A research paper can be used for exploring and identifying scientific, technical and social issues. If it's your first time writing a research paper, it may seem daunting, but with good organization and focus of mind, you can make the process easier on yourself. Writing a research paper involves four main stages: choosing a topic, researching your topic, making an outline, and doing the actual writing. The paper won't write itself, but by planning and preparing well, the writing practically falls into place. Also, try to avoid plagiarism. I usually use the help of supreme essay guys. They proofread my assignments.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 10:01 am

yes I do

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 2:19 pm

Yes, but I frequently get writer's block which really gets in the way of writing, which is something I like to do as a hobby. I'm a perfectionist, and want my first draft to be perfect so want usually happens is I stare at the screen for what can seem like hours on end, just thinking of what to write and how to write it.