Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 8:04 am

Anybody got any real super powers?

I have aerokinetic abilities and on occassion premonition.

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 9:26 am

Premonition sometimes, and once in a while the only explanation for events is mind reading.

I was looking through my Firefox Bookmarks and I found a YouTube video of a Simon's Cat cartoon, as my GF and I are cat people I decided to send it to her. When I opened up my mail program I found a message from her giving links to five different Simon's cat videos.

Spooky huh!

Vanilla_Slice

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 1:47 pm

I have the uncontrollable power to randomly cause random insignificant coincidences to either happen or not happen, randomly. I don't even have to make an effort or even think about it, and some random, meaningless thing will happen in an entirely natural manner at a completely random moment. It's a very subtle ability, almost like it has no effect at all. Almost, meaning exactly.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 3:17 pm

Vince wrote:
I have the uncontrollable power to randomly cause random insignificant coincidences to either happen or not happen, randomly. I don't even have to make an effort or even think about it, and some random, meaningless thing will happen in an entirely natural manner at a completely random moment. It's a very subtle ability, almost like it has no effect at all. Almost, meaning exactly.

Holy crap, me too!

If you happen to randomly find a ring one day, like in a jewelry shop, then we can combine our powers in some awesome random event Wonder Twin collective.

caledonia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 4:43 pm

Just by stepping in a room, I can make everyone vanish! :wink:

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 4:46 pm

caledonia wrote:

I can accomplish the same thing by taking my shoes off after a very long day. :eew:

caledonia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 5:01 pm

I can imagine you taking off your shoes jOsh and saying, "My feet are killing me." And people are thinking, 'They're killing everyone!' :wink:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 7:33 pm

Well, I have scissors for hands, which I use to create works of art with shrubbery and blocks of ice....

Just kidding! Making an Edward Scissorhands reference in this thread was all too easy. :P

Anyway, I actually don't have powers. But my brother can supposedly use his "mind powers" to telepathically communicate with the cat. He keeps trying to make his "mind powers" work ever since he saw a video in school where a man supposedly lit a piece of paper on fire with his mind. They showed me that video in school too, but I'd wager it's all smoke and mirrors.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 8:25 pm

j0sh wrote:
caledonia wrote:

I can accomplish the same thing by taking my shoes off after a very long day. :eew:

Do you think you'd be able to stop evildoers with it?

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 8:56 pm

mjs82 wrote:
I have aerokinetic abilities and on occassion premonition.

aerokinetic?

premonition, yes, but uncontrolled :P

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 1:08 am

I've had experiences that really seem like premonition. Like one day I expected to run into a specific person at a specific place minutes before it had happened. Was riding my bike with my stepdad and brother and was heading towards an interesction a couple blocks away and I suddenly had an image in my head of seeing a classmate on her bike halfway down the crosswalk. When we get there, I begin down the crosswalk while crossing the street and I notice her halfway. Seems to happen from time to time.

The past year or so I suspect I have some kind of energy that messes with electronic equipment. Stuff either seems to fail in my presence, or operate to my will before I even get the chance to touch it. For example:

I've had 6 computers, they all slow down and eventually become somewhat non-usable. No viruses, nothing. Had techs check it out and yet there isn't anything wrong with it. A brand new computer will just start shutting itself off/restarting/getting BSoD.
One day I reached towards my TV to turn it on, and when my hand was about a foot away from the TV, it turned on and jumped to some random channel and at the same time the VCR which is rarely used turned on.
Last week my iPod rebooted and my computer's wireless function was disabled, both simultaneously as I jumped up out of my chair in a panic hurry because I was late for work and I wasn't watching the clock.
Yesterday I clicked onto text to highlight by pressing Ctrl & A and then Delete. My hand barely touched Ctrl without pressing it and it highlighted.

zombiehoarder
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2013, 8:33 pm

:oops: I keep experiencing dejavu, because I dream things that happen and when they happen I experienced the dejavu. So basically I have the power to predict the future. But it usually involves very personal things. I'm not going to predict something in the government or something happening internationally. But I can predict specific traumatic events such as divorce, death, injury, specific fights occurring, conversations occurring, traumatic events occurring, not so interesting events such as the purchase of something. so either I can predict the future, and dream about it, or, I may be stuck in a time loop, or a series of repeating time loops. Personally, I think the looper theory makes a lot more sense than the predicting the future theory.