Tiptoes into room, knocks lamp off table...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Astreja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2006, 4:24 am

...Oh, hi! I heard about WrongPlanet on another forum, and finally registered tonight.

I don't know if I'm an Aspie, ADD, or something else in the spectrum, but this feels like the right place to begin to find out. I'm 48 now, female, a "lifer" geek with out-of-sync social skills, an attention span that seems to be connected to a random number generator, and a demented sense of humour.

My interests: Dragons, cats (I have nine of 'em), computers, music (listening and playing), and producing weird art in various media.

Oh, and penguins. I adore penguins.

More later, but right now I have a lamp to fix.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 12:26 pm

Welcome to WP. I hope you are find out what you need.

You have 9 cats? It must be fun in your house, I only have the one cat and she's adorable, I love cats (I like tigers too) and I, like yourself, love music.

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2006, 1:58 pm

I too like cats and tend to knock lamps off tables. You're in good company here.

My maths teacher when I was in the ninth and tenth grades loved penguins and hated pandas. He wrote us lots of word problems featuring a character called Derek Penguin, and he put "Pandas are boring" on his website. Looking back, I think he may have had some aspie tendencies...

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 3:15 pm

Astreja wrote:
...Oh, hi! I heard about WrongPlanet on another forum, and finally registered tonight.

I don't know if I'm an Aspie, ADD, or something else in the spectrum, but this feels like the right place to begin to find out. I'm 48 now, female, a "lifer" geek with out-of-sync social skills, an attention span that seems to be connected to a random number generator, and a demented sense of humour.

My interests: Dragons, cats (I have nine of 'em), computers, music (listening and playing), and producing weird art in various media.

Welcome to the WrongPlanet. That lamp doesn't really have to be fixed just throw it anyway and get a bigger better one.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 5:56 pm

TigerFire wrote:
Astreja wrote:

Welcome to the WrongPlanet. That lamp doesn't really have to be fixed just throw it anyway and get a bigger better one.

8O Why throw it away when you can fix it?!?

But hi; welcome :) I'm not sure if I actually have anything on the Spectrum, but I know I have far more traits and tendencies than the 'norm.' Enjoy being here! :)