ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 6:25 am

pensieve wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
pensieve wrote:
My sarcasm sounds like insults.

I think sarcasm is supposed to be like that.

Are people supposed to yell at you after though?

"oh get stuffed shanti"
"why would you say that?"
"that's really mean."

Mind you these people laugh every time they mention autism, and have called me ret*d in the past.

Somehow I rarely get pulled up for sarcasm.......in fact it's been a very long time since anybody gave me any criticism at all. :? Don't know whether that's because of respect (maybe being older helps), or whether they're just chicken. Though I'm probably quite careful who the sarcasm is directed against these days. Mostly it's against politicians, managements, advertisers, capitalism......so perhaps it resonates well with the kind of company I keep.

Descartes30
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2010, 9:30 am

I try not to be sarcastic much, and especially not at the expense of others. I'm so naive about so many things, and so slow to pick up the intentions or emotions of others, that I do not want to put anyone else in a situation that I would find uncomfortable myself. I tend to know more than I let on, but I would rather not use that knowledge to employ sarcasm against someone. Just personal choice. Also, I don't have any gift for knowing what is and isn't funny, whether saying it or hearing it. Which is why I only own a couple of comedy movies, out of the hundreds of movies I own. For some reason, the funniest comedy for me comes from the Japanese. Probably because of my naivety. :oops: