Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

banana247
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2017, 8:26 am

Wow. Sorry you're dealing with this. I can understand the friend obsession but he's definitely taking it way too far. You don't have to act on all your impulses.

If you haven't addressed him upfront about it, that's probably the next best thing to do (and the most compassionate thing!). Like be very stern and serious and maybe even "bring evidence" by printing out some of the creepy things, and explain that this is serious stalker behavior and it's basically exactly the opposite to making friends. That you can never be friends with him if things don't change, and then give him the list of the things that must change. He probably could use professional help and needs to actively seek it. Maybe he really doesn't intend to be creepy, but literally has just never had anyone call him out on impulsive behavior. There's a lot in my life that I wasn't able to learn until someone harshly called me out on it.

If you have already done this, or if you try and it doesn't get through to him, or if you just don't want to bother at this point, i would say the next step is to look in to police intervention. Not sure how internet stalking compares with real life stalking legally, but i know that stalking is a serious thing that you shouldn't ignore because it seems harmless right now. Given what you'v said thus far, I wouldn't doubt the possibly of this escalating...