Page 6 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 4:27 pm

^^
Ohh, but this is a newer model. :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 10:36 pm

***much newer ;) and more streamlined :star:

YourFace1996
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2017, 5:33 am

This one isn't mine, but it's identical to my car, same colour even!
It's a 2006 Toyota Corolla Conquest sedan (mid-range model in Australia), which means it has all electric windows and ABS fitted as standard.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 2:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
I don't drive much, only once per week for groceries.

you sound like the perfect person to buy a used car from. :mrgreen:

here is my baby.

her name is Gyall, she's a 1990 toyota camry DX with the 3s fe engine (2 liter 4 banger, N/A) and a four speed automatic slushbox. she pu down about 115 horsepower when she was new, but these days i'd be surprised if that figure even broke the triple digits....

still not terribly little for 2400 lbs and no passengers; she gets out of the way (somewhat). she has 159,800 miles on her as of, right now.

she's my daily driver/work car, and she's seven years older than me. 8O

i bought her last year early in september for $1500, with 153,800 miles on the clock, which was really low for one of these often abused cars, and of this age. completely stock, and with a virtually flawless interior save for a chunk out of the drivers seat that i "fixed" with seat covers.

she is very sturdy, starts up every time and never disappoints me now, but i'd lie if i said she never has had her share of issues. the previous owner ha to rebuild the transmission at 134K three years ago, and under my ownership she has had an alternator fail, a motor mount give out, and a front axle replacement done due to excessive play.

the alternator may have been my own fault, i made the idiot mistake of leaving the lights on for six hours while i was at school, to come back to a dead battery. it was jumped and i went home, but the car kept dying on me. i eventually diagnosed the issue and reinstalled an alternator. she has started reliably ever since, with a couple hard cranks in the winter.

the motor mount failure may have been due to shoddy workmanship when i went to get the original stock mounts replaced (ALL RUBBER IN A CAR IS NO GOOD AFTER A QUARTER CENTURY) within the warranty period for the repair i started hearing a loud clunking sound in the front passenger area, in the engine bay, while in gear every time i'd coast.

turns out, the part was too soft and the engine was actually hitting the fender. i got it replaced for free and i no longer hear that clunking.

interior rattles characteristic of an old nihonese econobox, gradually being snuffed out with folded paper and rubber/foam seals.

don't plan to put any more money into her.

all buttons work, cruise control works; best on flat surfaces, but it gains a lot of revs when trying to keep up on hills so i prefer "manual throttle" there.

A/C uses r12, no longer blows cold so i just roll the window down.

fastest i've gone was 90 MPH on a nearly empty shoreline highway.

0 to 60 is measured in minutes. i don't have the guts to put the hammer all the way down and really test it because i don't have a tach, and i'm not ready to find out the hard way whether or not the engine has a rev limiter.

but she'd probably tough it out anyway.

i do oil, plugs myself. plan to do brake shoes/pads myself whenever the time comes, as well as wires, though those have to be replaced with the rotor.

a couple of the interior bits are taken from the top-of-the-line LE trim of this car, such as the chrome door handles and color-mismatched center console with ACTUAL STORAGE SPACE.

i really want the LE door panels with carpeted bottoms, though they probably cost too much for what it's worth, and most of them are trashed by this point anyway.

it's possible to swap a 3s-gte into this thing from a celica and make some real power, but again...cost vs benefit. and who makes their daily into a project anyway?

pics time.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 3:10 am

^^^^ :wtg: looks like you're taking good care of her :wtg: may you two have a fine long relationship together :flower:
anyways, mine has low miles for a '97, 69k.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 3:23 am

^ thanks :nerdy:

what is yours? i don't think i've seen it here.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 4:22 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^ thanks :nerdy:

what is yours? i don't think i've seen it here.

I posted it a while back, mebbe on a similar thread elsewhere on WP, time slips by me. :pale: anyways, here is a lookalike of it-
['97 Honda CRV]
it had that paint that changes color sorta like a mood ring depending on the sun's angle/ambient light, but that top layer faded long ago and now it's just black.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 2:22 pm

2000 audi A4 in oatmeal color
220,500 some miles on it. or, well traveled as i like to put it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 2:53 pm

it's nice to know an audi can last that long.

how are the running costs?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 3:32 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
I don't have a photo of my exact car, but it looks exactly like this one. It's a 2009 Subaru Forester. She used to belong to my mother and I call her Sue (the car, not my mother :lol: )

Wow, I forgot that I for a short period of time (when I drove regularly) that that was my car. It's my brother's now.

I don't drive much anymore, but when I do, it looks like this but with some rust. It was my dad's and then my sister's and now is mine. We play musical cars in my family a lot.

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2017, 4:13 pm

Don't have any pictures of it right now so I'll just describe it, it's a 2008 Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet 3 door in Metallic Silver

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 4:43 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
it's nice to know an audi can last that long.

how are the running costs?

well, it needs highest octane gas and full synthetic oil so those add up.
with driving relatively safe and keeping it well maintained i've not had anything more than minor issues/expected replacements.
it's not an economical car but i don't have a lot of money and i've managed to keep it running smoothly for 8 years and with about 160,000 of my own miles on it. i wouldn't recommend owning an audi in general but i think they can be a good fit sometimes.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 1:07 am

blue_bean wrote:
Here's an update on my contribution to the thread. I've had it for three weeks now.

(no point blurring the numberplates as it has a different rego number now)

slow piece of junk...i can smoke the f**k out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 248 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2018, 4:46 am

Mine is a Ford Fiesta ST2, the same as this one. I love driving but I'm not really a good enough driver to get the best out of it. It is good fun to drive though and cheap to run considering its performance (139mph / 0 - 62mph 6.9 secs).

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 4:49 am

^ damn, should have saved my pasta for that car.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 10:49 pm

Sandpiper wrote:
Mine is a Ford Fiesta ST2, the same as this one. I love driving but I'm not really a good enough driver to get the best out of it. It is good fun to drive though and cheap to run considering its performance (139mph / 0 - 62mph 6.9 secs).

dumb question but I gotta ask- do you have rough [pockmarked, rutted, pot-holed, frost-heaved/lumpy bumpy] pavement over there where you're at? if so, how does your Fiesta handle such roads? does it absorb the bumps ok?