Page 6 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2017, 4:13 pm

Don't have any pictures of it right now so I'll just describe it, it's a 2008 Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet 3 door in Metallic Silver

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 4:43 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
it's nice to know an audi can last that long.

how are the running costs?

well, it needs highest octane gas and full synthetic oil so those add up.
with driving relatively safe and keeping it well maintained i've not had anything more than minor issues/expected replacements.
it's not an economical car but i don't have a lot of money and i've managed to keep it running smoothly for 8 years and with about 160,000 of my own miles on it. i wouldn't recommend owning an audi in general but i think they can be a good fit sometimes.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 1:07 am

blue_bean wrote:
Here's an update on my contribution to the thread. I've had it for three weeks now.

(no point blurring the numberplates as it has a different rego number now)

slow piece of junk...i can smoke the f**k out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 248 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2018, 4:46 am

Mine is a Ford Fiesta ST2, the same as this one. I love driving but I'm not really a good enough driver to get the best out of it. It is good fun to drive though and cheap to run considering its performance (139mph / 0 - 62mph 6.9 secs).

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 4:49 am

^ damn, should have saved my pasta for that car.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 10:49 pm

Sandpiper wrote:
Mine is a Ford Fiesta ST2, the same as this one. I love driving but I'm not really a good enough driver to get the best out of it. It is good fun to drive though and cheap to run considering its performance (139mph / 0 - 62mph 6.9 secs).

dumb question but I gotta ask- do you have rough [pockmarked, rutted, pot-holed, frost-heaved/lumpy bumpy] pavement over there where you're at? if so, how does your Fiesta handle such roads? does it absorb the bumps ok?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 11:02 pm

2006 F150

2008 VW EOS (Selling This)

1997 Isuzu Trooper (Recently Sold)

Looking to buy a Corvette by the end of the year. So will have the F150 and Vette.

I just really miss my old Vette :cry:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 1:16 am

^ didn't you get a ford fusion or something? or am i remembering wrong?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 1:53 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^ didn't you get a ford fusion or something? or am i remembering wrong?

I had a Fushion Sport as loaner from a family member for a week and really enjoyed it. But not enough to drop $30,000ish on it new after seeing the depreciation cost on them... I am pretty set on a C5 Zo6, I feel it's good bang for the buck and at the bottom of the depreciation curve.

If not, then a C6 Z51 are just a little more and my bank would loan me favorable terms on them... Basically lower my upfront cost a bit.

Who knows, maybe I will be sensible and get a new Accord for my nice weekend ride and long distance cruiser...

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 4:08 am

i always thought the C5s aged really well, IMO they still look a bit modern even today...the same can't be said for GM's other offerings of that era. [*COUGH*WANDGBODIES*COUGH*]

yeah, depreciation is a real PITA! hope you find one in good shape. never heard of the Z51. Zo6?

i'm still driving the old camry, about to turn 28 this march. i put dynamat on a door panel and changed the front brake pads this week. running better than ever.

shall she ever fail, i plan to buy a late model lexus LS400:

OR, an sc400

and if i can't find either, a panther body ford would do...big american boats are a guilty pleasure of mine, and these are the last of them.

...needless to say, i need me a v8

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2018, 6:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
dumb question but I gotta ask- do you have rough [pockmarked, rutted, pot-holed, frost-heaved/lumpy bumpy] pavement over there where you're at? if so, how does your Fiesta handle such roads? does it absorb the bumps ok?

UK roads are generally pretty good. There are sometimes pot-holes caused by frost or running water but they are usually easily avoided. The Fiesta handles them really well but it does have very firm suspension and at low speed you certainly feel every bump in the road surface. At high speed it has massive amounts of grip though and likes to be driven aggressively. I don't think I have come anywhere near its limit of grip yet. I think most people would find the suspension much too firm though. It's really designed for people who just like driving.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm

Sandpiper wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

UK roads are generally pretty good. There are sometimes pot-holes caused by frost or running water but they are usually easily avoided. The Fiesta handles them really well but it does have very firm suspension and at low speed you certainly feel every bump in the road surface. At high speed it has massive amounts of grip though and likes to be driven aggressively. I don't think I have come anywhere near its limit of grip yet. I think most people would find the suspension much too firm though. It's really designed for people who just like driving.

when I was young and my body's shock absorption was better, I coulda handled driving a fiesta like that, I had a brief job driving late 80s version of the fiesta and was impressed by its ride and handling combo over our crummy roads, and was wondering if they made the euro versions a lot stiffer, and you answered my question thanx :flower:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 6:07 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
and if i can't find either, a panther body ford would do...big american boats are a guilty pleasure of mine, and these are the last of them.

have you considered a early to late oughtie Toyota Avalon? to me, they were every bit as quiet and smooth as a lexus 400, nearly as quick but a lot cheaper. and from experience I can tell you the big lincolns had a very expensive suspension to fix when it broke [like $3+ grand], so many of the used ones you find on the market had relatively stiff rear suspension bits put in their place gotten off of a crown vic. if you do get a lexus, the 400 rides more smoothly and absorbently over broken pavement compared to the SC model.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 3:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

have you considered a early to late oughtie Toyota Avalon? to me, they were every bit as quiet and smooth as a lexus 400, nearly as quick but a lot cheaper. and from experience I can tell you the big lincolns had a very expensive suspension to fix when it broke [like $3+ grand], so many of the used ones you find on the market had relatively stiff rear suspension bits put in their place gotten off of a crown vic. if you do get a lexus, the 400 rides more smoothly and absorbently over broken pavement compared to the SC model.

i knew you were gonna bring up the avalon :lol:

i have in fact considered them, but mostly the mid 90s to early 2000 models as the later ones are a bit pricey ( think). and the interiors are a bit too bleak for my taste, if i'm honest. but otherwise i'd be sold.

the main thing the LS has over the avalon in my view, is the powertrain and RWD layout, freeing up space in the engine bay and making maintenance a tiny bit easier (i like doing my own work)....then again, i wouldnlt miss having to pay for 91 octane.

i don't know if the mercury marquis have air suspension or regular shocks, but if the latter is the case then that might be a reason to opt for those instead, lots of the town cars i've seen do have sagging rear ends.

really, the SC is a unicorn around these parts, noone who has one wants to get rid of it, and those that are for sale are very overpriced, beaten up, or worst of all....have black interiors.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 3:58 am

what about the old sailing ships of the past?

1988 cadillacs are crap.
they had severe restrictions on them.
they look quasi japanese, and the worst of it all is their speedo's only go to 80 mph.

look at this performance......
it is abysmal.
0-60 mph.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tU_b-LVliM

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 4:07 am

japanese?

how?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.