Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Hunter4242
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2006, 4:14 am

A new forum member! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! !

*ahem*

Anyway. My name is Thom, I'm 21 with Asperger's, I was diagnosed at around 17. I was recently pointed here by my parents when things in my life started getting worse and worse with little to no reprieve. I'd rather not talk about it just yet, but I can some it up in the phrase people suck.

That aside, I'm going to college for Information Technology, so I can look forward to having my job sent to India a week after I laern how to do it. I'm a little pessimistic if you can't tell. At this point in time there are a total of two people close to my age that I can even talk to seriously, both of them female and unavailable as far as I'm concerned, go figure. I've pretty much just gotten to the point where I need to reach out and figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do. I've managed to wing it so far with middling success.

I'm incredibly shy, lack any real self confidence or motivation, and the people that I call friends only seem to like me because they have to. I like to call my situation a self perpetuating pit, wherein I'm lonely and depressed, and I'm prevented from not being lonely and depressed by my condition, therefore I can't make any progress in getting out of said pit because my condition doesn't let me. It's quite irritating I assure you.

And now I'm sorry to have ruined your probably lovely day with my pessimism.

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2006, 6:26 am

Great Futurama quote! :D

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2006, 3:41 pm

Hi! Welcome to Wrongplanet!

IT seems right up your alley. I think you will fit in very well here.

I hope you enjoy posting here!

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2006, 8:52 pm

Hey there welcome to WP.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2006, 9:45 pm

Quote:
That aside, I'm going to college for Information Technology, so I can look forward to having my job sent to India a week after I laern how to do it.

I got to school for school for IT as well and am about to graduate in a month :-), plenty of people who graduated with my degree got good jobs

anyways nice to meet you and welome to WP! :D

ImpecuniousMax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2006, 4:00 am

Doc Holiday, Tombstone:
“…there's just something about him. Something around the eyes. I don't know, reminds me of… me.”

Hey Thom. A few things about you struck me as similar to myself. My name’s Max, I’m also 21, also with Aspergers, and I’m also a student. But frankly the thing that most struck a chord was the fact that my life is also a dark pit of unending depression. Undoubtedly this has been in a large part to do with the effects of AS, but also responsible is my atrocious and perpetual bad luck, and indeed that as you pointed out; people suck. My situation in trying to get a girlfriend is also similar, with the one lady I really wanted now regarding me as being firmly stuck in the ‘friend zone’. I could kick myself, and regularly do.
Anyway, I digress. My life has been an ever degrading spiral of darkness, desolation, misery and super-magic-party-fun (ignore the last one – it’s a bad joke) for an impressive amount of time, and I have made many attempts to remedy the situation. Admittedly, they haven’t really worked, but I do think that if I hadn’t tried various measures, things would be worse; ie: I wouldn’t be here. If I can help at all or you want to exchange advice, then I think you’ll find me to be an affable guy, and surprisingly cheery, in a morbid kind of a way. My email address for my MSN is [email protected]. I promise I’m not a nutter. Not much of a one, anyway.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2006, 11:51 am

Nice intro. I'm glad that you got pointed here. I hope things are going well or well enough. I 'll see you around.