No 27%  27%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 37

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2010, 10:52 pm

M_p_furo wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:

That's right! I remember 7 of 9 for several reasons 8)

Forgot about the Doctor in Voyager as I didn't get as hooked into it as the previous series.

I haven't watched Enterprise either :oops:

I'm going to take a guess....but does the 8) emoticon being associated with 7 of 9 mean you think she's hot? :wink:
She was pretty hot, I must admit. My boyfriend had a trekkie crush on her. :lol:

I actually didn't watch Voyager when it was a new series. I had the mind set that I only liked TNG and the original series....nothing else could compare. I finally gave Voyager and DS9 a chance when they were re-runs and I liked them.

As far as Enterprise, I'm not sure if I can get past Scott Bakula being the captain. He will always be Sam from Quantum Leap. I loved that show.

Thanks for sharing that.

You are correct in your assumption about my emotions associated with 7 of 9.

I also had a severe crush on Jadzia Dax 8)

M_p_furo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2010, 11:01 pm

Blindspot149 wrote:

Thanks for sharing that.

You are correct in your assumption about my emotions associated with 7 of 9.

I also had a severe crush on Jadzia Dax 8)

I forgot all about her. :oops: She was very pretty....I would say "elegant". I was rather unhappy when she died.

It's nice to know there are people who don't think you're dorky for talking about Star Trek.....other than my boyfriend. It's nice to chat with you.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2010, 12:49 am

Series: Voyager

Episodes: I can't choose between these:
Demon in which Harry Kim and Tom Paris finds life on a planet with an atmosphere hostile to life as they know it
Course: Oblivion in which the Voyager crew from Demon perish
Timeless in which Harry Kim and Chakotay returns from the future to prevent Voyager from crashing on an ice planet
Living witness in which a Kyrian museum curator 700 years into the future restores a copy of the Doc, hoping he will confirm his views of the past of his people
Blink of an eye in which Voyager orbits a planet where time goes by much quicker than it does in the rest of the universe, making Voyager a huge impact on a young civilisation
The haunting of deck 12: Neelix tell the kids a story about a life form that entered Voyager from a nebula

Character: I can't choose between Spock, Seven of Nine and B'Lanna Torres

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

DenvrDave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2010, 2:45 am

Original trekkie here, because I'm old-fashioned 8)

Favorite series: Original

Who was your favorite character: Spock

What was your favorite episode: Tie between "The Enemy Within" and "Menagerie Parts I and II"

And for your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQwHwP0ojI

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 1:04 pm

Is there any theme that Star Trek hasn't explored :?:

I remember the Androgenous race in 'The Outcast' 1992 TNG episode where Riker falls in love with Soren, one of the Androgens.

When discovered by her people, Soren is sent for psychotectic therapy to correct her disorder of having a preference based on gender.

Any other cutting edge themes you can remember :?:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 2:32 pm

I wouldn't call myself a trekkie, but I have watched a fair bit of it over the years. Next Generation was probably best, then DS9. The other's were a bit dull, with occasional exceptions.

I particularly liked the borg stories. In fact I was talking to my mother earlier today (also Aspie) about the episode where they pick up some borg kid, and he's disconnected from the hivemind, lonely and lost, and I was using that as a metaphor for how I feel about myself and society. We both agreed that everyone else seems like they are plugged into, or connected to something that we aren't. It's funny because before I knew about AS I always thought the Borg were a metaphor for something much more sinister, but now I think the Borg were meant to represent NTs? I might be a bit mad to think that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Data. I bet everyone's already said this, but I totally identify with him. He's one of my favourite ever fictional characters. Growing up I felt like him, trying to study human ways and mores, and always tantalized by the idea of becoming fully human, but never quite achieving it.

Last edited by Moog on 02 Mar 2010, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 2:37 pm

I like TNG. Data was always my favorite. I am very Data-ish.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 2:43 pm

Moog wrote:
I particularly liked the borg stories. In fact I was talking to my mother earlier today (also Aspie) about the episode where they pick up some borg kid, and he's disconnected from the hivemind, lonely and lost, and I was using that as a metaphor for how I feel about myself and society. We both agreed that everyone else seems like they are plugged into, or connected to something that we aren't. It's funny because before I knew about AS I always thought the Borg were a metaphor for something much more sinister, but now I think the Borg were meant to represent NTs? I might be a bit mad to think that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Data. I bet everyone's already said this, but I totally identify with him. He's one of my favourite ever fictional characters. Growing up I felt like him, trying to study human ways and mores, and always tantalized by the idea of becoming fully human, but never quite achieving it.

Hello Moog and thanks for bringing this up.

I happen to think the same about the Borg being a metaphor for NT's in the same way as Data/Spock and Odo can be seen as metaphors for us on the Autism spectrum.

Odo is the one that I relate to the most, which puts me in the minority of posters on this thread.

I think it might be due to the fact that Odo (like me) seems more pervasively isolated than Data, who although completely analytical seems to be more sociable and more 'integrated' than Odo.

or to quote most of my school reports.

'Is a loner' :roll:

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 2:49 pm

Blindspot149 wrote:
Moog wrote:

I happen to think the same about the Borg being a metaphor for NT's in the same way as Data/Spock and Odo can be seen as metaphors for us on the Autism spectrum.

Odo is the one that I relate to the most, which puts me in the minority of posters on this thread.

I think it might be due to the fact that Odo (like me) seems more pervasively isolated than Data, who although completely analytical seems to be more sociable and more 'integrated' than Odo.

I'm keeping both quotes, because I pretty much agree with everything you two just said. That episode really got to me, I totally identified with that boy.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 3:00 pm

Aurore wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:
Moog wrote:

I'm keeping both quotes, because I pretty much agree with everything you two just said. That episode really got to me, I totally identified with that boy.

Hello Aurore

Nice to see you again.

I think the name of the Borg boy was Huw/Hugh 'cos I seem to remember him saying 'we are Huw/Hugh' when asked his name.

I think I also remember Data's 'brother', Lore, being in control of the Borg (or at least a large group of them) which is an interesting perspective on Neurological role reversal :!:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 3:21 pm

Yeah, Huw! That's him.

I'm glad you guys appreciate my thoughts!

I think Lore was just supposed to be a kind of sociopath/narcissist? Not really autie, unless he was meant to represent the kind of bitter twisted outcast who seeks revenge on the world. Don't know much about Lore really. I also remember that story where he controlled the borg, it wasn't a great one as I recall.

Data was always cool about being different, and the crew were always really tolerant of him. Also, he never seemed to make any really gross faux pas. He was also indefatigable, and never wigs out and has meltdowns. Unlike us! He's kind of an aspie ideal really :-)

Odo by contrast was always more in touch with his loneliness, his differences. I never really identified much with Odo, but I see where you are coming from. Less logical, more obsessive, insular and a bit grim. I disliked him because I saw him as a jobsworth, always trying to mess with the Ferengi, who I liked at the time. Although seeing the shows again with older and wiser eyes might change my mind. I guess the Ferengi are meant to represent forces of unbridled capitalism, though they never did anything really heinous IIRC, unlike real life capitalist forces.

I seem to remember that in one story, Odo made it back to his homeworld, and all his folks were total dicks or something? I'm a bit fuzzy on this.

Anyway, talking about this has made me want to really want to revisit some of these programs. And I seem to know a lot more about Star Trek than I thought, so maybe I am a trekkie after all :-)

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 3:32 pm

Moog wrote:
Yeah, Huw! That's him.

I'm glad you guys appreciate my thoughts!

I have NO idea why I remembered his name. But at least I know how I remember it......Asperger's :lol:

Moog wrote:
I think Lore was just supposed to be a kind of sociopath/narcissist? Not really autie, unless he was meant to represent the kind of bitter twisted outcast who seeks revenge on the world. Don't know much about Lore really.

I like the analogy there. Moral of the story; never p*** off an Aspie :!:

Moog wrote:
Odo by contrast was always more in touch with his loneliness, his differences.

That's me BUT I'm just an analytical as Data (although I need more sleep and in theory have more emotions than Data)

Moog wrote:
I seem to remember that in one story, Odo made it back to his homeworld, and all his folks were total dicks or something? I'm a bit fuzzy on this.

I need to find this episode on You Tube. Sounds great. I vaguely remember one of the Founders pretending to be Kira trapped inside a rock :!:

Moog wrote:
Anyway, talking about this has made me want to really want to revisit some of these programs. And I seem to know a lot more about Star Trek than I thought, so maybe I am a trekkie after all :-)

Me too, thanks Moog and thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.

Happy memories :D

AspieLater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2018, 3:15 pm

Blindspot149 wrote:
Are you a Trekkie :?:

If you are

What was your favorite series :?: (I think my favorite was The Next Generation)

Who was your favorite character :?: (Odo was mine)

What was your favorite episode :?: (I think mine was the one where Odo discovers that he is actually one of the Founders)

Star Trek gives me hope for a better future. I love all the series and most of the films. My favorite that I re-watch the most is Voyager. My favorite episode is "Fair Haven" from Voyager. But my favorite character is Spock, closely followed by Seven of Nine.

I went to see the Star Trek attraction at the Las Vegas Hilton a long time ago. I cried when I walked onto the bridge of the Enterprise.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jul 2018, 5:59 pm

I seen all the eps & movies including the animated series except for the new series Discovery & I haven't seen the last two movies that were made but they weren't exactly canon anyways. I have everything on my comp thou & should get around to watching the rest one day. I have the games that were made for NES & SNES. I have a Voyager PS2 game too that I found used somewhere but I never played it. I guess I can call myself a Trekkie.
The character I related to most was Odo. I never had a fav ep or series thou cuz most everything is pretty good.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ersatz Einstein
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2020, 5:50 pm

Favorite series: DS9
Favorite character: My head says Garak, but my heart says Data.
Favorite episode: I have no clue, although "Body Parts" and "Turnabout Intruder" are a lot higher on my list than they should be.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 12:35 am

i remember "The Empath" as the episode that, aside from "city on the edge of forever," sticks in my mind the most. i fell in love with the beautiful actress who played The Empath.