Is online friendship inferior to real life friendship

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 10:29 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I feel a little weird reading this. I've never even been able to establish online friendships. How do you do that?

A common way of establishing online friends is finding them on eg. a forum and then chatting with them via Instant Messaging programs. If they live in your neighborhood, this can eventually develop in real life friendships of even romance.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 10:01 pm

Salonfilosoof wrote:
With real life friends, you can share activities like watching a film, going to a pub, traveling, etc. With online friends, all you can do is talk and perhaps play an online game. This makes me value real life friends more than online friends, although conversation can get just as personal and just as deep with someone online as in real life.

you can do that with onl9ine friends!

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 5:50 am

Eggman wrote:
Salonfilosoof wrote:
With real life friends, you can share activities like watching a film, going to a pub, traveling, etc. With online friends, all you can do is talk and perhaps play an online game. This makes me value real life friends more than online friends, although conversation can get just as personal and just as deep with someone online as in real life.

you can do that with onl9ine friends!

Watching a film is possible with certain streaming services. I've done it. If nobody else posts it first, I'll post a service like that here when I've asked my friend who hosted that session for the url.
I may have bookmarked it, but I have too many bookmarks. :)

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."