Do you ever laugh to yourself randomly?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 3:29 am

I'm starting to think part of the reason I get labeled weird is because random stuff comes to me, and it's hard not to snicker at it. Sometimes I'm off in la la land, and I remember something funny from the past, or some hypothetical situation and I laugh to myself. Does this happen to you? What are the repercussions?

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 4:02 am

Oh yeah. I startle other people.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 4:04 am

I do all the time.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 5:54 am

All the time. It entertains me. Usually people ask what I'm laughing at and I just tell them I remembered something funny. Sometimes they ask what it was and I attempt to explain but it's usually not funny out of context. Though if it's something that's profoundly amusing to me I usually make them laugh anyway just because I can't even tell the story because I can't stop laughing. That's a rare occasion though, usually it's not something quite so funny that I remember, but I randomly chuckle to myself through the day remembering funny things from the past. No one seems to mind.

lelia wrote:
Oh yeah. I startle other people.

That made me laugh because I'm imagining you just sitting in a quiet room like a library and suddenly bursting into full-on belly laughs. I hope that's true :lol:

Jake333
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2010, 6:09 am

I do it a fair bit actually.

People always ask me what I'm laughing at, but I don't bother to explain it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 7:16 am

I laugh at myself, many times, during the day.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 9:41 am

I do that more times then I'd like to; I think of something funny that happened at the wrong time and laugh out loud.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 10:17 am

you cant' take me to the movies because of it. The movie will be some big Adventure Film about Egypt and the dialogue says "A family has three sides, just like a pyramid" and I will be hooting and laughing at the line and the rest of the audience is stone silent. Well, I found it funny that a pyramid has four sides, and not like a family at all . . .

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 2:43 pm

Yes. All the time. And I can't explain why, so I just seem completely mentally ill. :lol:
The worst part is if I do manage to explain, but they still just think I'm a moron.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 2:52 pm

There was a scene in the movie Driving Miss Daisy.
A few weeks before that movie, some adult children hired us to live with their mother and make sure she got nutritious meals. She didn't want us there and locked us into the basement, and so we had to move out.
Back to the scene. The great actor Morgan something or other has just been hired by a wealthy son to be his mother's driver after she has an accident. You see the shift in his eyes when he suddenly realizes that the son wants him, but the mother Does Not. My husband and I laughed and laughed and laughed. When we stopped, the full movie house was quiet as a tomb.

Athenacapella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Mar 2010, 7:21 pm

All the time. And usually I can't stop. And then people are looking at me and I laugh even louder. If I try to explain what was funny, they just don't get it.

Hadrian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2010, 8:24 pm

I do it a lot. When I was a teen (I'm 22 now), my mom and grandmother were concerned that I was smoking weed because of my solitary laughter. They even searched my room several times :?

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 12:08 am

Hadrian wrote:
I do it a lot. When I was a teen (I'm 22 now), my mom and grandmother were concerned that I was smoking weed because of my solitary laughter. They even searched my room several times :?

That reminds me, off topic, but my mom never catches when I'm high. I laugh incessantly, she asks me what's so funny, then I mock her by clucking back whatever she says in a chicken-like voice and she still doesn't understand.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 1:23 am

all my best stories are in my head
as I don't tell anyone them
so yes

bijouxmiu
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Mar 2010, 5:54 am

I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!
it calms me down, im usually regressed into a dream state when im doing it but my fantasy world works at such an intense level that i show physical signs im locked in there like contorting my face or laughing sparatically or getting a cold glazed look on my face where my eyes lost focus, but it helps me cope with my anxiety.

I freaked out alot of people though...ALOT of people. They didnt know what was going on inside my head all they saw was some chick who probably to them looked like she was ret*d.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 6:45 am

no, only silly people :wink: