Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 6:45 am

no, only silly people :wink:

Sunshine_Daydream
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Mar 2010, 5:15 am

People at work ask me why I am always smiling... I make up a different answer for them every time, but the truth is i am lost inside my mind, and most days it's pleasant in there :)

I do the random laughing thing too, usually whatever made me laugh is something too ridiculous to explain to people so I just shrug and let them think I'm weird. I don't care what people think anymore.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2010, 11:20 pm

Yes, I laugh out loud at funny thoughts and memories. I quietly talk to myself too. I'm sure people around here think I'm some nut. Who cares! It makes me HAPPY!

Taupey. :cool:

blast335
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2017, 11:58 am

Sometimes, but it's usually nothing more than a snicker.

But last night, I apparently started laughing hard for no reason. And I don't remember it happening.

I speak on behalf of no-one but myself. For how can I represent anyone else? If someone shares my opinion on a topic, are we now the same person? With the same opinions on all topics? No, of course not.
-Blast335 (me)

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2017, 7:33 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I'm starting to think part of the reason I get labeled weird is because random stuff comes to me, and it's hard not to snicker at it. Sometimes I'm off in la la land, and I remember something funny from the past, or some hypothetical situation and I laugh to myself. Does this happen to you? What are the repercussions?

Feeler personality type with a narrow focus.

I'm going to develop this more - but I'm looking into the 16 personality types and Aspy connection.

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2017, 7:40 pm

Ragnahawk wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I'm starting to think part of the reason I get labeled weird is because random stuff comes to me, and it's hard not to snicker at it. Sometimes I'm off in la la land, and I remember something funny from the past, or some hypothetical situation and I laugh to myself. Does this happen to you? What are the repercussions?

I'm going to develop this more - but I'm looking into the 16 personality types and Aspy connection.

Careless answer. I misinterpreted. You sound like a thinker not a feeler. But a personality that relates to past experiences..

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

KoalaKid1578
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2017, 8:51 pm

Yep, all the time. I'll replay certain jokes in my head all the time and sometimes a chuckle will let out randomly in public. I've gotten questions plenty of times about what I'm laughing about and I'll just answer with the usual "nothing" most of the time. However, I also tend to smile and laugh whenever I'm uncomfortable or I simply didn't understand the joke which can get me into trouble. Whenever customers make uncomfortable at my job I'll start to smile and it just looks really smarmy to the other person. Not a great habit I guess.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Oct 2017, 2:23 am

That happens to me alot but I have ADD.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 12:22 pm

Ragnahawk wrote:
Ragnahawk wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:

Careless answer. I misinterpreted. You sound like a thinker not a feeler. But a personality that relates to past experiences..

This thread is over 7-years-old----and, even though the OP has only not visited here, for a month, he hasn't posted in over 3 years; so, you might not get a reply, from him. I just thought you'd like to know.....

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2017, 7:09 am

I'm a better companion to myself than other people. So yes I laugh to myself. I talk to myself. I do all of that. I will be the object of obsession, so when they communicate their concern I can tell them they think too highly of themselves.

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2017, 9:30 pm

It isn't random, but it would appear that way to others.