Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2010, 10:49 pm

astaut wrote:
PLA wrote:
musicboxforever wrote:
DavidM wrote:
Plus my mother and a couple have other people have told me that men don't like intelligent women.

I've only heard that on television and the internet. It seems to be a fiction.

Not always. I had a boyfriend break up with me because he didn't want a girl that was smarter than him. :roll: :ncool: And he was not very smart. Of course he didn't say this to my face, I was good friends with his sister and she told me. Fortunately for him, he's found a girl that suits his needs, lol...

Lol! I always wanted a girl I date to be about as smart as me. I wouldn't mind if she was smarter, even way smarter, as long as she didn't mind me not being as smart or make too much fun of me for it. xP

But there's too many different dimensions to intelligence to just call one person smarter than another a lot of the time, so I dunno. I mean, there's people skills, math skills, spacial logic skills, verbal skills, and so on, and people often have mixed levels of these. We Aspies are usually a good demonstration for a large part of the people skills not matching the other skills' levels, for one.

To get more back on the topic of the general thread though.... I dunno, maybe I'm weird, but I always liked girls who are taller than me. It's not like a prerequisite or anything, but I don't like being too much taller. >.> I'm ~5' 10/11".

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

TheFunnyTroll
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2010, 5:51 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
I just thought this would be a fun topic to start. I myself am not sure why I've never had a boyfriend. I'll be 24 March 29th I've never dated,kissed a guy,hugged a guy etc. etc. I have yet to have those experiences that other females have had time and time again by now (break up make ups etc.) :-( 1 prerequisite is I want a tall guy that I can look up to (literally LOL!) and be able to pick me up LOL! I'm only 5ft. and 140lb. :-)

Do you want a guy who is taller than you or a Tall guy, because there's a big difference between the two. A 5'3 guy is taller than you and might be able to pick you up but he's still considered short when compared to the average male height.

A piece trolly advice from a wise funny troll : do not limit your chances by a 1 silly prerequisite. I mean c'mon, you're obviously wanting a bf and you already heading to 24 with no guy and zero experience, you really can't afford having any prerequisite....

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2010, 12:32 am

I am 6'7" and ~230 pounds and well proportioned. Would that be too tall for you?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 3:24 pm

Kilroy wrote:
well expect to be hit on a lot in this thread

8)

Pics?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 4:04 pm

I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 19 and even then I realised it was a mistake. I ended it after 4 months and haven't been in an Official "relationship" since, and I don't plan to change that any time soon.

I'm independent, and don't want or need men. If one comes along and it works, will likely not commit anyway... Was with someone recently although un-official and it's over now. Even though I loved him (truly) deep down I know I didn't want a relationship. Very confused, but glad I didn't get into one.

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2010, 3:39 pm

I'm 18 and never have had a boyfriend. I've been on two dates with guys who were closet jackasses. They both ended disastrously. You're not missing much by not dating everyone, trust me.

PS - I'm 5'9"