Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pippilngstkngpr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2010, 10:25 pm

I went to my grandparents house on my Dad's side of the family which I haven't seen them or slept over there in years. So it was great to go, while being there I learned new information about that side of the family which helps me to learn more about me and understand about me. I learned that a lot of my family has depression or bipolar disorder. I also learned that my Dad has ADHD and bipolar as well as some Aspie characteristics. I also learned that my Grandpa is an Aspie as well.

So, I learned about who I am and knowing what I have isn't because I have it and no one in my family does. I really don't communicate with my Dad's side of the family. But it's great to know I am not the only one. Also it was weird to actually talk to my Grandpa (Pops) and see how he acts and such and how it has Aspie written all over it.

I just needed to share that information. I am going to take that information and share it with my doctors.

I always read usually another parent or someone in the family has the gene or has Aspergers. And I thought I was just a random person and no one else had it and now, I found out my Dad has Characteristic traits and my Grandpa has it.

So no questions here, wanted to share what I found out. And now I can fill in the questions that doctors ask me but I had no idea about my other family now I do.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 11:04 pm

I know some of my family's medical history...mostly physical maladies; not much to speak of neurologically. At least, not at my age. But my family is rather old... so I doubt that much psycho stuff would've been diagnosed properly. I can definitely see where my intelligence comes from, as well as several AS traits.

But they do not have me

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 11:07 pm

I'm adopted. I've wondered sometimes myself.

Congratulations.

pippilngstkngpr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Mar 2010, 12:41 am

Some of my family is older but when you see, talk and be with them you can see what they have without being diagnosed with it. That goes for my Grandpa and my Dad. But for the younger generation some diagnosed others you can just feel it. Its weird. But good to know.

I would be wondering a lot to if I was adopted. Thanks

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2010, 1:43 am

Good good. We had to learn the hard way. Most of my family has SOMETHING - God alone knows what and I'm just glad I'm different. No two alike. I think there may be some Asperger's in my grandfather's generation, but they are not available.

Some evidence my wife's dad was on the spectrum, but he died when she was pretty young. So we eventually found a niece and two nephews who seem to belong to the same species, and of course #1 son. We get to be resource persons for them.

It really helps to know who you are.

pippilngstkngpr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Mar 2010, 3:05 am

Philologos wrote:
Good good. We had to learn the hard way. Most of my family has SOMETHING - God alone knows what and I'm just glad I'm different. No two alike. I think there may be some Asperger's in my grandfather's generation, but they are not available.

Some evidence my wife's dad was on the spectrum, but he died when she was pretty young. So we eventually found a niece and two nephews who seem to belong to the same species, and of course #1 son. We get to be resource persons for them.

It really helps to know who you are.

Yes! It does to help to know who you are. I am not alike most of them on my Dad's side but have some same things of each person. But it's just great to get an understanding and stop being clueless. :)