Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 2:08 pm

I had recently met a guy at a local train station because he was passing through to catch a bus and wanted to know where to catch it. So, I showed him where the bus was and he just kept talking to me, while I engaged in the conversation. He said that he came out from California and was going to be in the Atlanta area for a few months and wanted to get to know some people and so we exchanged phone numbers and decided to hook up and do things. I had thought maybe he was interested in me and so I had arranged a double date last night with two other close friends of mine since I didn't know him all that well. So, I arranged it to have him meet us as a mall and I would ride home with my friends afterwords.

He was from Venezuela and he told me the first time that we met that he seemed to change his story quite a bit. When I first met him, he made it sound like he was born in Venezuela and then moved to the US when he was a little boy. When we got together last night, however, he told us that he lived there until he was 15. He then said that he moved to Atlanta and then to Boston and then New York but didn't talk about anything that he did with his life. He had also changed his story three times about what me majored in at school and was really vague about where he went and didn't mention any specifics. Finally, first he said that he lived in New York for 8 years and then he changed his story and said that he lived there for 10. Moreover, he didn't use any details about places he loved to eat at or anything he loved to do in New York but talked about how he got a good deal on a place to live.

I honestly felt very uncomfortable with this guy and knew that it wasn't going to work out since we seemed to have nothing in common and I didn't feel anything either. He also didn't have a job and wasn't officially in school and was doing contract work.

Does this sound like someone who was looking for a green card to you?

PS. He also gave some fishy information that he was back packing in Europe and lived in youth hostels for 5 years.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 4:03 pm

Don't know about green cards, but he sounds dodgy as hell to me. I would 'lose' his number if I were you.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 6:22 pm

Thanks Lene, I did loose him number and he hasn't tried to call me all day. Yet, I did do a research on the area code of his phone number and he did live in the New York area and he could have been there for a few months.

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 6:51 pm

been verified .com basic level background checks for everyday people. they have a thing going on you get 7 days free. i did it they have a reverse search you can plug his phone number in and go from there

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 10:53 pm

No, I think I will leave this guy alone and the biggest thing to do is delete his phone number and never contact him again. I am also not going to pick up the phone whenever he calls me because I don't feel right having any sort of connection with him at all.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 11:19 pm

Yeah, seems dodgy. He's obviously a liar. Don't get sucked in. Delete him and never talk to him or reply again.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 6:50 am

I bet he was trying to take advantage of me and I wouldn't let him by being street smart which included getting into his car. Instead, my friends drove me home and I felt a lot better by doing just that alone. He then told me that he was not interested in having a girlfriend or dating but wanted to just be friends and I bet it was because I would not let him take advantage of me.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 9:07 pm

He sounds like the kind of man who is looking for any opportunity he can get.

He saw the kindness in you but you saw him for what he was. Good for you Miyah. :cool:

Taupey

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 10:15 pm

My friend thinks that he might have been looking for sex and other trouble. Meanwhile, he tried to pull this crap that he wasn't interested in dating me at all because he said that we would be umping into the relationship too fast. He also tried to say that it wasn't up to us to decide that we could go out, but by God himself.

Penandinkmarie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Mar 2010, 11:07 pm

You know, what I've found to be true is to trust your gut feeling....always. Most of the time it's correct. =\ Definitely doesn't sound like a a guy to trust. Be careful!

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2010, 12:51 pm

Penandinkmarie wrote:
You know, what I've found to be true is to trust your gut feeling....always. Most of the time it's correct. =\ Definitely doesn't sound like a a guy to trust. Be careful!

There were other things that he did which were quite sketchy. For instance, my friend pointed out that he talked about his 15-year-old cousin putting on a high school play in a mall and mentioning that it was 'The Three Little Pigs." Moreover, during dinner, he kept checking his cell phone and claiming that it was his cousin who was trying to call him. Finally, he took his coat and said that he was going to use the bathroom and and gone for several minutes.

He actually tried to call me yesterday and it didn't work because I picked up my phone and then hung it up again when the ID showed that it was is number. Luckily, he didn't try to call me back either.

maleb
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Mar 2010, 6:17 pm

I met a chick like that once in Seattle. Couldn't get her story straight, kept saying all this crap that was stepping all over its self. She had something f'd going on, I ditched her at the bar.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2010, 6:25 pm

Haha backpacking in Europe??? Does no one here watch Friends? :lol:

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2010, 6:50 pm

He was out there and strange which made him uncomfortable to be around. As I said, I did not feel comfortable going out with him and not even re-connecting with him. Actually, my friends and I thought that he was going to ditch us on two occasions.
In the restaurant, he took off and said that he had to use the restroom and took his coat with him and I thought that he was going to leave us. Then, later that evening, we went an entertainment game center and he took off to buy tokens for the games and was gone for a long time. I had actually thought that he was going to ditch me right there and then and I wish he would have because he was so phoney and superficial.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2010, 9:55 pm

Miyah wrote:
He actually tried to call me yesterday and it didn't work because I picked up my phone and then hung it up again when the ID showed that it was is number. Luckily, he didn't try to call me back either.

That's great! :D Sounds like he was busy talking to someone on his phone off and on all night. What a slimball.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 11:49 am

mitharatowen wrote:
Haha backpacking in Europe??? Does no one here watch Friends? :lol:

I'd forgotten about that :lol:

y es como un semestre"