Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 13 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

ranthaman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2017, 6:04 pm

Hello everyone!

I am new here and already have diagnosis, just not autism (yet?) but all test scores are placing me high so I am seeing about this because I had never known of autism really?

I am live in Colorado (USA), is anyone else here from Colorado?
But I am originally from California (USA)

I am 27 and at college to be computer science programmer

Nice to meet you everyone!

AspieQuiz: 139/200 ND, 53/200 NT
MBTI type: ISTJ

Mbunds
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2017, 1:32 pm

I'm not really sure what to do from here. I'm newly diagnosed, and visiting forums like these I am seeing example after example of people like myself who discovered suddenly that they have been living with ASD and never even suspected, other than knowing we were "different".

I found out last Friday, and like so many others, I was somewhat thrilled, in a way, that there is a physiological reason for some of the difficulties I have had adjusting. But during the weekend my mood collapsed, and now it's as if I have disassociated the parts of myself that were not "real", but merely coping skills I cobbled together to look like a "real" person.

I no longer trust my feelings and attitudes, and I just feel exhausted, even after sleeping 30 hours over the weekend (quite uncharacteristically).

Before, I was always hoping in the back of my mind that maybe I would eventually discover that I was merely "unique", not "broken".

Now I'll just take it one day at a time and hope I can figure out why everything is so incredibly "different", just because of this news.

Bubblehead76
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2017, 8:29 am

Hello Everyone,

This is my second go around to this site. I lost my username and password so I made a new one. I so not know if I am an Aspie. I have not been diagnosed, however I am seeing a therapist and he tried to put me on Zoloft for obsessive compulsive disorder and depression. I am married with two kids. I cannot tell you if I have a good relationship with them. My wife says that I do not put forth much effort for our relationship but I do with my own interests which includes video games (Android), tinkering around with engines, and making tools out of wood. I like spending time by myself even though I love my family. I like making, fixing, and buying things for them. I have unusual head movements and sometimes hand movements that occur in threes. I get very angry and have meltdowns about almost everything if it disrupts my schedule and interfere with what I consider mine. A few examples include shoes not being put in the shelf, hampers being too full, any type of debris on the floor, loud sounds, sometimes lights, having to attend kid functions or family events. I feel overwhelmed almost all the time except at night when everyone is asleep or when I escape to my shed. I had multiple meltdowns this weekend mainly because of a stressful week. I get easily offended and people see me as narcissistic. I also tend to copy personalities of people I meet that I like. I guess because I see that my personality is not that great and I want to be different. I don't even know if this is the right site for me guys. I feel like need help but not getting it so far. I just want to be happy again.

Thanks

dallas2331
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2017, 10:25 am

Hi im dallas massey im 23 live in Rainier oregon im single love most sports love to sing and looking for a women to spend the rest of my life with.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 6:06 pm

I am Agnetha but if you find that difficult, you can call me Annie. I am asexual and from Ireland originally although I no longer live there. I have a cat called Mister Ellis. I have never had a relationship and never will. I neither want nor need one. I am a misanthrope. I am older than I look. I love Aston Villa, meerkats, caracals and Tomas Ledin (upon whom I have a massive fraternal crush). Agnetha is not the name on my birth certificate but the name I use as I hate my birth name which I will not be revealing.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2017, 4:29 am

Hello Agetha,
Never,say never,relax the barriers.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 12:47 pm

Sorry, my friend, no chance of that. I don't need anyone, I'm happier alone.

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 May 2017, 1:52 am

my blog

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

JamiLynn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2017, 11:28 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Jami, and I recently joined because I thought it would be good for me to meet other people that struggle with Asperger's and autism like I do. I just started grad school to earn a degree in Library and Information Science, and I've got a LONG road ahead of me! Perhaps by meeting other "Aspies" I can learn more about myself and improve my bad habits of procrastination and overindulgent-sleeping.

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 May 2017, 12:05 pm

Welcome!
One day, One day I'll too get round to sorting out my procrastination.

-------------------
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0

puzzledoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 May 2017, 5:55 pm

The Wyld Life

An attempt at sharing the insanity that is life with all the in's and out's, up's and down's and sideway's of living as a creative, gifted, pagan mother with bipolar 2, anxiety, autism, and chronic pain issues while parenting two gifted boys who have thier own issues with anxiety and autism spectrum.

http://thewyldlife.blogspot.com/

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2017, 11:12 am

New human rights related post on my blog here.

-------------------

Chelsie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2017, 3:01 am

Hello everyone and welcome!! !

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2017, 1:11 pm

Hello peoples. I've been a long time member for 5 or so years. I'm 34, and looking to meet new friends. Drop me a PM sometime.

BanetteStims
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2017, 1:03 pm

Hello! My name is MG, and I have Aspergers, ADHD, and SPD. I originally from Nashville, but I now live in New Jersey. I like professional wrestling, Pokemon, music, and many other things! PM me for whatever, I have too much time on my hands and need friends!

PatmanC2000
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2017, 8:52 pm

I was diagnosed with autism at age 4 in 2004, high functioning autism a year later, and Asperger's Syndrome in 2007. I've had many challenges in my life but have been able to overcome them. I hope you all are doing well.