Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 11 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next

AintNoHersheyBar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2016, 7:10 pm

I'm here.

Dinoboy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2016, 3:46 am

Hello World
Call me Dinoboy. I'm just a lonely fellow who wants to know if he's on the spectrum. Is this where I can find out? And perhaps get some help?

sundial83
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jan 2016, 4:22 pm

I'm new to the site but I don't have my own blog or any other site that I can share.

clay80
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2016, 3:05 pm

Hi. I'm new to this site so I'm posting my introduction. I have not been diagnosed with Asperger's but after hearing about it a few years ago I began to wonder. (Before then I had kept autism in the back of my mind for years, but it just didn't quite add up.) I don't have a blog, although I've been thinking about keeping one for some time. That's all for now.

Wewnaw
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jan 2016, 4:48 pm

Hi,

I just joined Wrong Planet. I'm awaiting an assessment for Aspergers. I feel a mix of elation that everything I read about Aspergers describes me to a T and relief that something explains the differences and difficulties in my life, but also fear of the unknown, reactions, potential consequences. I'm also afraid of not being believed, then being back at square one trying to cope with being me. I guess I joined looking for support and understanding.

RAADS-R score: 189.0
Seeking diagnosis

greenylynx
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2016, 6:57 pm

My blog, just created today!
http://worldaccordingtoand.blogspot.com/

Whispers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Mar 2016, 11:35 am

Hi Everyone,

I am very happy that you allow me to take part in your community. I had the pleasure to share a irc chat with some of you last night, and I felt very comfortable, so I decided to join the forums. What I'm seeking is some company of course, and the possibility to share those things that no one around me seem to understand. I wish I find support for my mental issues, and I wish I can give support as well, whenever it's possible.

I'm very surprised to see the whole diversity in this place, people of very different ages and countries of origin, and people into the autistic spectrum or not. That's fantastic.

About myself: I don't have an AS diagnosis, I don't really need it as a matter of fact. I've struggled my whole life with social situations, and wondering why apparently easy things were so complicated to me. It's been fantastic to know some other people with the same problems I always had and no one understood before. So that's why I'm here. I have no sensory disorders so maybe I wouldn't get an AS diagnose, but it's not that important. What was important to me is to define myself as a person with autistic features (at least), so that I understand my nature and limitations therefore "respect myself" more (example: take a break after some days of too much social interaction, you know you need it, otherwise you will have a meltdown).

I hope to meet a lot of interesting alike people. Thank you for your hospitality.

Abyssalrider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 May 2016, 9:31 pm

Not my blog, but it is a blog by my mother about my life growing up. Although I've had my own blog for 3 years, to date I still haven't posted anything on it.
Blog about my life growing up

czarsmom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jul 2016, 1:31 pm

Here is my most recent blog post: https://letsgetreal2016.wordpress.com/2 ... -toxicity/

Zeegee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jul 2016, 2:52 pm

Hello!

I'm a 25 year old man, and I recently discovered that I'm on the spectrum after months of therapy. I've always felt different, but in a way that I couldn't define. I wish I could say that everything's clear now that I have a diagnosis but it's all pretty confusing. I know I'm on the right path now, though.

I love everything about music, and I spend most of my time working on it. I look forward to getting to know you more!

chucmccain
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Jul 2016, 3:04 pm

Hi my name is Chuck. I am 58 years old and was diagnosed with Asperger's about a year ago. It sure explains a lot about the difficulties I have had through out my life. Anyway glad to be a member.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 4:06 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet, Chuck!

There are a number of mid-life and senior members here, and I am one of them, though we are a minority and it is always good to have new members who bring a lot of life experience to share. I hope your time here will be useful and rewarding.

Chuck, this particular thread is rarely used now and established members go to the "Getting to Know You" forum which is where you can post your introduction. I suggest that you open a similar thread there, and introduce yourself again, and leave this thread to the archives.

AnonymouslyAutistic

07 Sep 2016, 10:38 am

Hi!

Call me Anna. Anna is NOT my real name, but I really am Autistic. In order to preserve the most true and accurate accounts of my life, and the lives of those around me I have decided to maintain a blog anonymously.

Writing is therapy, and unfortunately I am not ready to come out of the “Autistic Closet” just yet. Hopefully something that I have to share might be helpful to you in your life.

With love,
:heart: Anonymously Autistic “Anna” :heart:

www.anonymouslyautistic.net

With love,
Anonymously Autistic
“Anna”

https://anonymouslyautistic.net/

arenejo
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2016, 12:32 pm

Hello, everyone! I maintain a blog that I update on a daily basis. It is here: http://www.memoryofthestar.com

Due to the line of work I do (journalism), it is posted under my real name. There is a multitude of reasons for that, but for the sake of brevity just be aware that if you want to discuss what I write I would prefer the use of my screen name here. I won't fret if my first name is used, but I do want to maintain some boundaries between private and public.

Also, hello Anna! Fancy seeing you around here! Good to see one of my blogging buddies!

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 1:02 pm

B19 wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet, Chuck!

There are a number of mid-life and senior members here, and I am one of them, though we are a minority and it is always good to have new members who bring a lot of life experience to share. I hope your time here will be useful and rewarding.

Chuck, this particular thread is rarely used now and established members go to the "Getting to Know You" forum which is where you can post your introduction. I suggest that you open a similar thread there, and introduce yourself again, and leave this thread to the archives.

It's not just about introductions, but posters adding their blogs too, I'm pretty sure.

tfgrudin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2016, 5:40 pm

Copy/Paste from my profile
Hi I'm Troy I had an account here before, but I haven't used it in a while. I'm here to talk about my experiences and perspectives dealing with Aspergers. For the record I am self diagnosed. I make youtube videos talking about my experiences and perspectives. I hope that I can help others going through what I have gone through and still experience. I also find that making these videos can be very therapeutic for myself. Sometimes It fells good to get things off my chest.