Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 12 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

tfgrudin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2016, 5:40 pm

Copy/Paste from my profile
Hi I'm Troy I had an account here before, but I haven't used it in a while. I'm here to talk about my experiences and perspectives dealing with Aspergers. For the record I am self diagnosed. I make youtube videos talking about my experiences and perspectives. I hope that I can help others going through what I have gone through and still experience. I also find that making these videos can be very therapeutic for myself. Sometimes It fells good to get things off my chest.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 6:18 pm

Please supply the name of your previous account to a moderator, so that it can be closed.

Benjamin the fool
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2016, 3:37 am

Hello y'all

Saera
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2016, 11:00 am

Hello everyone. As my bio says, I diagnosed myself a few months ago with this condition. What happened was that there was a lot of stress coming down on me over the last two years, and I started acting out without knowing. I wondered at first if i was autistic, because I have a cousin who is and i often analyzed my behaviors, realizing that they were weird, different. I understood as well, that it was a genetic thing, so there was a high chance that I had it too.
My sister was at home a lot during the time when my triggers started going crazy, and what did it was her constant whistling. I asked her to stop a few times and she blatantly didn't listen. i only asked her to stop because I thought that I would rip my hair out if I had to keep listening to that frequency. I had a meltdown and immediately started researching my symptoms, because I was way off in that period. I was also working at a restaurant that had TOO MANY TRIGGERS... I actually tripped on the job one day, but I didn't know what was happening to me.
When i googled 'autism' and 'whistling', I got a search option in google books that mentioned about a woman with Asperger's who couldn't stand whistling. Googled Asperger's and found the answers to all my weird and unnatural behaviors since I was a child. That entire week, I shut in and studied myself. The stress of finding out that I was on the AUTISM spectrum made me retreat into a dark place. My parents didn't understand and when my father confronted me about it, I tried to explain it; but they believe that it's something that's all in my head... and that it can be fixed if I adjust my mind. They don't get that it's a permanent alteration of my psyche. It's been really challenging, because now, in order to prevent myself from crashing and melting down, I engage in therapy and stimmings that keep me from freaking out.
It works, but there have been no reductions in my triggers, because the people around me don't get it.
I pray and ask God for help, and He has been my anchor in these times, and everyday, He's showing me how He is using this condition to help me get closer to Him.
It's still a challenge though, so I hope to get support from you all here as well. Just to discuss symptoms and solutions. Like I might probably start an office job soon, so that's a whole new ball game.
Looking forward to interacting with you guys!

lastchild3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2016, 4:05 am

Hi all I am a christian woman in my late 40's with an amazing husband and three beautiful teenage girls. I live in the Uk.
I suspect I am a High Functioning Autistic woman with a HFA daughter. Both of us are yet undiagnosised. My daughter has social anxiety disorder and is under the care of CAMHS (child and adolescence Mental Health Services). She is on mediation which has reduce her anxiety levels and made it possible for her to go back to Hospital Education full time. We have dealt with lots of things with her in the last three years.

I am very blessed to have a wonderful supported husband and girls. I have a wonderful extended family with a great church family who have been part of our lives for the last 21 years.

I have other health problems asthma and interstitial cystics which are control with medication and diet.

I love to cook, love Star trek (old ones and deep space nine) and Star Wars new and old ) and I work as a volunteer in girl guiding as a brownie leader. I love children and have worked in many child care setting. Hoping to get back to work in a school.
Thats all folks for now.

Furrows
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Nov 2016, 12:10 pm

I'm confused, is this meant to be a blog registry or a general-purpose 'hello I am me' thread? None of the recent comments seem to be obviously inviting readers to check out personal web sites! It occurs to me this might be partly because we're not allowed to post links when we're new members though...?

sloanestark
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2016, 7:15 pm

Hello!

I just signed up ten minutes ago.

I'm Sloane and I am a 34 year old female, residing in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

I received a diagnosis for high functioning autism on the 30th of September of this year.

It's been really HARD and getting my diagnosis was a HUGE relief to me!

I also have co-morbid major depression, generalised anxiety, borderline personality traits, and panic disorder.

I struggle with relationships, lack of confidence, poor self-image, poor self-esteem... basically the entire gamut of issues prevailing from a lifetime of bullying and lack of emotional care by my parents and siblings.

I'm not really sure what comes next! Any advice would be wonderful!

Nice to meet you all!

:)

*edited for typo and additional info

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 8:34 pm

^ Welcome, ms. sloanestark. :D

There Are Four Lights!

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 4:31 pm

sloanestark wrote:
Hello!

I just signed up ten minutes ago.

I'm Sloane and I am a 34 year old female, residing in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

I received a diagnosis for high functioning autism on the 30th of September of this year.

It's been really HARD and getting my diagnosis was a HUGE relief to me!

I also have co-morbid major depression, generalised anxiety, borderline personality traits, and panic disorder.

I struggle with relationships, lack of confidence, poor self-image, poor self-esteem... basically the entire gamut of issues prevailing from a lifetime of bullying and lack of emotional care by my parents and siblings.

I'm not really sure what comes next! Any advice would be wonderful!

Nice to meet you all!

:)

*edited for typo and additional info

Hey, welcome to WP :DDDD

A_noobish_noob
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2017, 6:51 am

Hello my fellow aneruotypicals, my name is sam, or samme because that is my birth name, and I came to this site to talk to some fellow autistic people. Anyway I was diagnosed with ADD, and dysgraphia as a child, and that was how I thought of myself for a very long time well except I never actually bought the whole ADD diagnosis because even at an early age, I could always focus in particular subjects with some immense detail. ADD meds also never really worked on me as a kid, and as an adult when I retried them in college; spoiler alert that quarter I basically flunked. Turn the clock to around February of last year, I meet my current partner. She met me, and she came to tell me that she believed that I had asperger's, and that wasn't the first clue to it, I sit like L from Death note, one of my exes mothers believed it, and a friends dad also believed it, but for whatever reason this was the first time I was intrigued to actually find out. I learned of some self assessment tools online, I forgot the actually numbers so I will use letters to represent, where it gives values from a-b, not autistic/asperger's, b-c, possible autistic/asperger's, and c-d, most likely autistic/asperger's. I used a few of these online and always scored into the c-d range, and then I started to watch videos about autism, and one guy who was talking about game of thrones made me then realize that this guy talks about game of thrones like I talk about manny subjects, and that was an eye opener. It was then that I sought out a psychologist to see if they could see me. after about a month of having to juggle stuff around, I finally saw a psychologist, and he basically said to me that he believed me to be on the spectrum, and that he would say I had asperger's, but that wasn't a diagnosis any longer since DSM-V, so yeah now I know for sure that I had it. The thing is I truly wonder how my life would have been, had I known about this when I was young. I mean my brothers because they were dyslexic they got tutors, and a lot of attention about their disorder, but all I got was a result was a keyboard to type on at school because dysgraphia. I did very all the way through high school, except math, and history. I do ponder about it, and I don't even really talk about it to my family at this point because they view it as an excuse more or less. Anyway now I am rambling, so I think should stop it now before somehow this devolves into talking about my favorite animes somehow.

brianlety
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Feb 2017, 7:33 pm

hi, im a 39 Male from indonesia. i have a 24 years old sister, ADHD, cant talk and cant communicate or even cant be called.

MLGFAZERainier
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2017, 2:14 am

Hi my name is Rainier from the Philippines.

I just found this website which contains other people like me.

I am a fan of Jpop and my favorites are Starmarie and AKB48 (plus sister groups)

I love to play video games and enjoy life.

I am also a student from ESA studying for a BS in Business Admin Operations with a planned Masters in Logistics and Supply Chain.

And sometimes, I treat my lady friends as if they were my old highschool posse caller 'the Bastards of Mt. Sinai'

Sakura Miyawaki Oshi

and Insane Asylum escapee

ranthaman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2017, 6:04 pm

Hello everyone!

I am new here and already have diagnosis, just not autism (yet?) but all test scores are placing me high so I am seeing about this because I had never known of autism really?

I am live in Colorado (USA), is anyone else here from Colorado?
But I am originally from California (USA)

I am 27 and at college to be computer science programmer

Nice to meet you everyone!

AspieQuiz: 139/200 ND, 53/200 NT
MBTI type: ISTJ

Mbunds
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2017, 1:32 pm

I'm not really sure what to do from here. I'm newly diagnosed, and visiting forums like these I am seeing example after example of people like myself who discovered suddenly that they have been living with ASD and never even suspected, other than knowing we were "different".

I found out last Friday, and like so many others, I was somewhat thrilled, in a way, that there is a physiological reason for some of the difficulties I have had adjusting. But during the weekend my mood collapsed, and now it's as if I have disassociated the parts of myself that were not "real", but merely coping skills I cobbled together to look like a "real" person.

I no longer trust my feelings and attitudes, and I just feel exhausted, even after sleeping 30 hours over the weekend (quite uncharacteristically).

Before, I was always hoping in the back of my mind that maybe I would eventually discover that I was merely "unique", not "broken".

Now I'll just take it one day at a time and hope I can figure out why everything is so incredibly "different", just because of this news.

Bubblehead76
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2017, 8:29 am

Hello Everyone,

This is my second go around to this site. I lost my username and password so I made a new one. I so not know if I am an Aspie. I have not been diagnosed, however I am seeing a therapist and he tried to put me on Zoloft for obsessive compulsive disorder and depression. I am married with two kids. I cannot tell you if I have a good relationship with them. My wife says that I do not put forth much effort for our relationship but I do with my own interests which includes video games (Android), tinkering around with engines, and making tools out of wood. I like spending time by myself even though I love my family. I like making, fixing, and buying things for them. I have unusual head movements and sometimes hand movements that occur in threes. I get very angry and have meltdowns about almost everything if it disrupts my schedule and interfere with what I consider mine. A few examples include shoes not being put in the shelf, hampers being too full, any type of debris on the floor, loud sounds, sometimes lights, having to attend kid functions or family events. I feel overwhelmed almost all the time except at night when everyone is asleep or when I escape to my shed. I had multiple meltdowns this weekend mainly because of a stressful week. I get easily offended and people see me as narcissistic. I also tend to copy personalities of people I meet that I like. I guess because I see that my personality is not that great and I want to be different. I don't even know if this is the right site for me guys. I feel like need help but not getting it so far. I just want to be happy again.

Thanks

dallas2331
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2017, 10:25 am

Hi im dallas massey im 23 live in Rainier oregon im single love most sports love to sing and looking for a women to spend the rest of my life with.