Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 10 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

1983parrothead
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2015, 6:55 pm

Hi everyone. I just returned here to socialize more.

Drebi
Raven
Raven

28 Aug 2015, 11:17 pm

Hey, all! I joined this site a few years ago, but then life got in the way and I haven't been here in a couple years. The layout of the site looks way different than it did when I left. 8O (Trying to adjust to that.) Anyway, I've come to realize that I miss having some sort of community, I've felt kind of alone the past couple years. So, I've decided to come back and try to get back in touch with like minded people.

I'm 21. I'm raising my teenage sister (16), who is neurotypical. 8O I'm in College, and can't decide what I want my major to be, lol. :roll: I'm not officially diagnosed with Autism; as I come from a small town and things of that nature are just lumped into the category of either "weird" or in need of "discipline". :( I am officially diagnosed with PTSD and Psychotic Depression, though. I'm also vegetarian (transitioning to vegan), non-heterosexual, trans*, and a secular atheist. Which made life miserable in the area I grew up in, but I've recently moved to a larger city - so I'm hoping things will change. I don't have a blog, but I do have Facebook and Skype. Looking forward to re-joining Wrong Planet! :mrgreen:

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 3:47 pm

Welcome to WP to all new members. Welcome back to all who have returned :D :D :D

LivingInParentheses
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 7:39 am

Hi everyone. I joined several days ago. I did make a thread to introduce myself am thankful that I got several nice replies. :)

I decided to post a link to my blog here because I noticed that it makes me feel pretty good inside to log onto my computer and find that people have visited it. Much better than getting to my house and finding visitors here unannounced, LOL.

I'm only a recently diagnosed aspie despite being 42 and a wife and mom. My blog isn't just about asperger's, but it's all probably colored by the fact that I experience life via my own neurology, which is aspergerian, so maybe it kinda is. I don't know.

Anyway, here's a link. There are occasional swear words, just a heads up. The latest post is pretty rambley (about "magical thinking") but thats because I'm still waiting impatiently for my official diagnosis paperwork to come in the mail (they said they mailed it out to me and my regular doctor yesterday or the day before, so it's just a matter of time before my regular doctor starts to treat me differently than he has for the past 20 years, which upsets me greatly. I wish I hadn't signed the release form given to me by the psychiatrist who evaluated me, now... it's a small town.. once my doctor knows everyone will know, because the receptionist will obviously be the one to get the mail, and she'll give it to the nurse to put in my chart and/or leave a copy of on my doctor's desk. And once both ladies AND the doctor know, this whole town will probably know, and I still don't even know what's IN the paperwork.. I dont want them knowing before me. or at all anymore. I'm rambling again. Sorry.)

:arrow: http://livinginparentheses.blogspot.com

Pine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Nov 2015, 11:14 pm

My dad doesn't know me. He doesn't know the shape that my life has taken nor the paths that I have gone down. He doesn't know his 4 extraordinary grandchildren. It wasn't until I became aware of my aspergers that I started to understand him. I began to piece my life together like a puzzle. A puzzle that, up until that moment, I had been missing half the pieces to. I want to forgive him and I want him to know us, but I don't know how. So I started this blog because written words are my form of communion. I couldn't bring myself to use names so I turned to my favorite things, trees, to help me. One day, I hope to have the courage to find him and give him my words.

http://chaptersoftheforest.blogspot.com/

Mirol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2015, 10:39 pm

Hello, everyone

MaryLamb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2015, 11:26 am

Hey!
Just wanted to say hi - this is the first time I've openly admitted anywhere that I'm an aspie, so... big step for me! :D This is the perfect place for me - the first time I have felt properly at home - maybe I really *am* on the wrong planet...

ET go home. ET go home. ET go home... :cry:

GrayDog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Dec 2015, 6:32 am

Hello,

First post, background, formally identified as neuo-atypical (dyslexic/disgraphic and a few others) around 1975.

and later formally Asperger (high functioning, actor, internal focused meltdowns).

Decided to join after upsetting friends who have a teenage son on the spectrum.

Tried to tell them there was hope for him as he reminded me of myself when I was his age.

Ironically they told me I have no understanding of his condition, and there was no hope for him to improve.

Oh well.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 7:00 am

Welcome to all new members! :D

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2015, 6:50 pm

Hi, Ive been on here for around a year or so but still haven't connected with anyone as I'm really bad at innitiating conversation so I spend a lot of time just lurking and reading posts. I really want to make some friends but I'm just no good at small talk and saying the right things and putting my foot in it a lot. i'm feeling really lonly the more I withdraw and Christmas just makes it worse as most people I know just think I'm weird and ignorrent. I'm hoping that I can find some people to make friends with in my area, High peak and south Manchester and maybe even get to know a few more people who are like me instead of trying to fit in with NTs. I haven't actually got any aspie friends as I only really got to know about aspergers in the last few years and my counsellor only really suggested it to me about a year ago what I may be experiencing. If theres anyone willing to talk then I would like to give it a try to get to know some more people. Once I get talking and get to know someone then I seem to relax a little and find myself able to talk but it just takes me a while to trust people. I seem to get burned a lot in the NT world as people see my weaknesses and take advantage of my good nature.

Berzerker777
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2015, 4:24 am

Hello, I'm new here...(in fact, I just joined today)

I was diagnosed with aspergers at a young-ish age, and its effects(the aspergers, not the diagnosis) have given me a real run for my money in my social life.

At my mother's behest, I joined this website. She seems to think I'll benefit from the life experience of other aspies, so, you know...

I'm an avid gamer, well-versed in near-every genre (except MOBAs, they're boring), and I enjoy the anime, and lifting weights.

My number one ambition is to create a successful youtube channel...

That's all I can think of right now.

tanchita
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2015, 1:06 pm

Greetings,interlocutors.

I'm the sleepiest sleepyhead in sleeptown,
17, female.I'm from Thailand, a country with two season which is basically just hot and hotter.

I like to drink black coffee (bitter like my soul pfftt) give me coffee or give me death.

My interest are those stuff around these subjects:
Coffee-tea-caffeine, A good strom, watercolor, pixel art, game development, art and aesthetics, military history, paranormal lore, astronomy, botany, scientists, knuckles, anatomy.
(I'm not claiming to be expert or good at those listed fields, they are just my interests)

I've spent years feeling like an alien on a wrong planet, I'm dealing with anxiety and maybe, asperger or autism symtoms.(my late grandma has autism)

The weird thing is,I happen to be crying all the time,it excessive,and it interfere with my everyday life. Of course my mother hate it, she got upset every time I cry. Maybe I'm an over-sensitive person but I don't really know.

So one day, tired of everyone thinking I'm a pathetic whimp. So I :( decided to stop it. I stop showing unnecessary emotions, I distant myself from others, talk less,smile less.
The more you distant yourself, the less you get hurt, They said,right?

Believe me guys,it's good for a while...
But now it leave me with the weirdest personality ever,Imagine a girl with a stiff gesture, rarely smile, appeared to be capable and confident but when she get hurt or angry,this girl could do nothing but cry.(with that robotic-stiff face on) old habit dies hard anyway, funny.right? I think so too.

And that being said. I've come to realize that what I always told myself: I want to disappear. Probably is not true after all.
Maybe all I really want is to be found.

Oh man,I rambled for so long, if there's anyone actually read this whole thing, you,sir, are totally like, my hero.
Actually, because of said reasons, all dudes I've ever met scared of talking to me. I mean,I don't mind being friends with any opposite genders...In short,I kind of want to befriend with boys and stuff...
Uh,forget it. Actually, any genders fine with me.

Also,
I'm terrible at starting a conversation ( and English grammar ), I'll just post this here.

Oh well,

eb7249a
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2015, 9:29 pm

Hi guys! I'm new and was thinking about starting a blog, but I don't know. i've suffered from mental illness as well and im finally feeling good enough to try to interact with others!

thanks
E

bguimaraes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

czarsmom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jan 2016, 4:41 pm

Here is a link to my new blog: https://letsgetreal2016.wordpress.com

It's somewhat of a repeat of a post I did here, but I will be posting more stuff in the future that is different and more personal that what I post here, hopefully.

AintNoHersheyBar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2016, 7:10 pm

I'm here.