Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 7 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 9:23 pm

Hi guys, my first post and introduction.

I've read through the site several times, the articles are great, I just wish there was a lot more of them. I know its hard work and all. I appriciate the efforts to even create a site like this. Thanks guys.

I'm 46 and was diagnosed November last year. A month before I didn't know Aspergers even existed. I read something in a book, did some background research and thought "that's me exactly". Emails and phone calls, two appointments, and *bingo*, the phychyatrist (or whatever they are) said I was one of the lucky 5% of high functioning Aspergers. I accepted her words but have done a lot of research and found a local Aspergers meeting group to go to. After several months, I'm beginning to agree with her. It looks like I am one of the lucky ones.

Civil Designer by trade; love mathimatics and mental gymnastics, the more difficult the better. Relaxing is oil painting and oneline gaming. I find computer programming (hydraulics) the most addictive activity.

cheers, see ya around the traps.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 1:45 pm

http://gold-quartz.livejournal.com/

My blog is mainly about what goes on in my daily life. If you like 80s music, I've started posting videos on each of my entries as well. :mrgreen:

WestBender84
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2013, 8:21 am

Hello, all! I finally feel comfortable enough to introduce myself, as it took two dozen posts for me to reach that psychological milestone.

My name is Jeff. I live in West Bend, WI (hence the user handle), cook at Pizza Hut (please don't order delivery during football games because we're already stressed out), and don't blog at all because I have no friends who would read it (not even my long-distance email friends, who were clueless when I quizzed them what I had posted) and no family members who would understand (as they've been telling me to stay off social media because I make such a jackass of myself, or so they say).

My friend Joe, who also worked at Pizza Hut for a time before he moved away, emails me now and then in exchange for my time-to-time mention of his blog. Because I have low self-esteem despite any semblance of writing talent in my forum posts, I hereby present HIS blog.

http://absurdjobvacancies.blogspot.com
My Friend Joe's Blog, AJV

He can be a cynical bastard but is clearly neurotypical with all his "happy guy" social media stuff. Nice to meet you all! :wink:

JayDub
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 May 2013, 3:16 pm

Hello, folks! My name is JayDub, I'm an aspie, I live in Akron, Ohio, and I look forward to having a good time with all of you.

No
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jun 2013, 9:26 am

Hello, I am a new member.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 10:14 am

No wrote:
Hello, I am a new member.

Hello again, welcome back!

nopenope
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2013, 10:01 pm

I am male, almost 40 and my wife insists that I have aspergers. I live on Vancouver Island off the west coast of north america. I have not had a diagnosis - in part because aspergers was not well known when I was a kid, and in part because I was well behaved and doing acceptably well in school. I dropped out of university partly due to my aversion to homework. I now have a stable job and am married. I had many years of hard slogging socially and career-wise up to now. My only blog relevant to apsergers is my blog section on WP.

Some random stuff that might be relevant to this topic:

I run my fingers through my hair (scratching my scalp) and pace a lot. I can not take the ferry to Vancouver (2 hrs on a crowded, loud, vibrating, moving ship) without pacing continuously.

I can smell when people have bacterial or fungal infections at a considerable distance but can't smell many flowers.

I wore beige almost exclusively for about 5 years.

I have detected a computer intrusion by the change in sound - the system had no speaker, fan, or hard drive (was a compactflash card). Also, I can diagnose some computer hardware problems by sound or sometimes smell.

I failed my first driving test because I looked straight ahead the whole time - the tester did not believe that I could percieve ahead, to the sides, and all 3 mirrors simultaneously. I did not understand why this was not normal.

Until recently I believed that I never understood bodylanguage or facial expressions because I badly needed glasses as a child and did not get them until I was 10 and so never learned.

This evening I am very tired because I spent the day doing intricate work in a store with mall music, store music, 2 TVs on and turned up, multiple conversations simultaneously, and people walking past and in and out of the store. (I'm pretty sure this would be tiring for NT's and spectrum folks alike)

Kateplus6
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Oct 2013, 6:45 pm

irunaround

my blog, above

Horokko
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Nov 2013, 2:38 pm

Hey everyone, new guy here. Found out that I might be an aspie about 4 or 5 months ago. Looking forward to getting you know you guys :)

Lulu73
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2013, 3:17 am

Hello,
I'm a 40-year old female freshly diagnosed with AS. I've always felt that I was different from other people, and it's a relief to finally have the confirmation after years and years of people making me feel that I just had to try harder and 'pull myself together' and things would be just fine.

I currently live in Australia, but this is my third continent, originally I'm from Germany.

At the moment I'm just trying to figure out what this diagnosis means to me. After two failed marriages I live on my own and support myself for the first time in my life, and it's a little scary. But it's also great because for the first time I can have things my way without constantly being criticised by someone!

Horokko
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Nov 2013, 11:38 am

Hey Lulu, welcome to the boards. I'm pretty new to this too :) How is life in Australia? I've actually been checking it out on the net for a little now. It looks like a fun place to live, but are the spiders and snakes as bad as they say? I'm not a big fan of the creepy crawlies, especially the ones that can take you out xD

OtakuTyler
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2013, 1:18 pm

Hey, I have no blog (yet). I was Diagnosed at 5 and I'm still here 11 years later! I love anime! I hope to one day be a writer :D

Horokko
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Nov 2013, 1:43 pm

Welcome tyler. 8) Any specific anime you're into right now? I'm about midway through genshiken season 2 at the moment

You are very likely an Aspie

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 9:25 pm

Where: http://seattlewordsmith.wordpress.com/

What: The Writings Of An American Author

Who: Robin - photographer, poet, short story writer, writer of predictions

Why: Tells of my life, my misadventures, get a glimpse into what makes me tick

When: I try to create a new post every week, but we know how life really works.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 2:16 pm

The miscellaneous ramblings of an autistic Upstate New Yorker. Warning: come at your own risk. I take no prisoners. Everything (except for potential employers) is pretty much fair game. I do try to keep it fair and respectful though.

rurufu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Feb 2014, 7:41 pm

@OtakuTyler: what kind of animes do you like? Havebyou seen Shiki or Blood+?