Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 11:03 am

Had anybody an Out Of Body Experience?
Me not, I haven't seen myself like strange person. But I often feel outside, like ok, I adjust Automatic-drive and be right back

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 12:03 pm

pandd wrote:
This has been discussed here before at least once so there might be some useful information there. It will give you something to read while you wait for people to respond to this thread. Since posters come and go there might be information in the older thread that you would not get from current members.

Link (to older thread about this topic) is below
click me

Thank You for the link to the other thread. It also has links to other threads of the same subject as well. It was very enlightening. :)

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 12:08 pm

auntblabby wrote:
depersonalization disorder

sorry sunshine, but i can't say that i have had it per se, but there were transient feelings resembling it during stressful times in my life. i have read of soldiers in battle who sometimes recalled times when they felt as though they were outside of their bodies as they were "taking that hill." when i was in basic training there were brief "out-of-body" feelings as i was being worked-over by the drill instructors over this or that. the feelings were never long enough for me, though, little more than flashes.

Thanks AuntBlabby for this link. Its been very informative and useful in understanding this. :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 12:40 pm

Valoyossa wrote:
Had anybody an Out Of Body Experience?
Me not, I haven't seen myself like strange person. But I often feel outside, like ok, I adjust Automatic-drive and be right back

I know several people who have. One was falling from a great height at a construction site. My brother had one but dismissed it as a dream. The closest I have is twice in my life I have fainted (unfortunately both times I was walking down the stairs at the time) I started feeling dizzy and had a ringing in my ears and then for a split second I saw myself falling from outside my body. I'm sure it can be explained away. The literature I've read speak of it as a positive experience but almost everyone who told me about their own said it was very unpleasant. Their physical body would contort painfully.

Autistic-Me_Star
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2010, 12:49 pm

that is dissociation and there are different ones in dissociation

There are five dissociative disorders:

1. Dissociative Amnesia – this is indicated when there is an inability to recall important personal information

2. Dissociative Fugue – this refers to the situation where a sufferer finds themselves in a place with no memory of getting there and sometimes with no knowledge of who they are.

3. Depersonalisation Disorder – this is a recurrent feeling of being detached from yourself or your feelings.

4. Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) – previously known as multiple personality disorder this is characterised by the existence of two or more separate identities within one person who are able to take control.

5. Dissociative Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (DDNOS) – this often precedes a diagnosis of DID and is used until a definitive diagnosis of DID is able to be made.

6. Derealisation – this is a feeling that your environment is unreal or alien and can include experiencing familiar people as strangers. Often it can feel as though everything appears as through a fog or even the opposite everything including colours appearing much more intense.

4. Identity Confusion – this is confusion about ‘who you are’ and can include confusion about sexual identity.

Mine are cos it is probably related to my mental disorder, i get derelisation, and depersonlation detached from how i am feeling. hope this clears it up for u