Should I get/make up a fake boyfriend?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 8:28 pm

I've been having issues every once in awhile with guys not believing I'm asexual and/or uninterested & its getting to be a problem as I'm constantly stressed. I don't want to have to worry about what I wear or how I act anymore when in a room with males (constantly unless in my room as I'm in college) :roll:. Reasons I feel I need one below/instances that make me think I need one:

1. A friend decided to "help me" by asking me to join him in a threesome 8O :eew: :eew: :eew:
2. An on-off stalker who mostly bothers my one friend but sometimes me as well... UGH
3. *(this is gonna sound racist)* A bunch of black guys asked me for my name & were obviously interested (more than blunt, they were being DISGUSTING)...

So should I have/get a fake boyfriend? I decided no fake girlfriend b/c lesbians turn straight/bi guys on & I don't want lesbian/bi girl flirting as well. If I get a fake boyfriend should I completely make him up (say he's still in HS or at another college) or beg a single male friend I like (as a friend who doesn't creep me out) to be my fake? (If I begged a friend it would be w/ the understanding they would "break up w/ me" if they found someone or if they wanted, continue if the girlfriend was ok with it.)

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 8:42 pm

Perhaps even a fake wedding ring? I know a lot of waitresses that do this to keep guys from hitting on them.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 8:45 pm

A fake wedding ring sound like a great idea :), but unfortunately I don't have a lot of money :(

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 9:14 pm

I wouldn't recommend it. Someone asked me about a girl I was friends with, and I hesitated because I didn't want to talk about private details, and he thought she was fake even though she wasn't. I couldn't imagine doing a more plausible job with someone who really is fake.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 10:57 pm

I would suggest that you do not make up a fake boy friend, the problem is that it may be hard to make sure that keep on telling the same story.

I would suggest that if someone asks you out (asks nicely) that you should say "thanks for asking but no thankyou". If they ask in a crude way then say something like "get knotted, no chance".

If you are at university or college in the US, then if they keep bothering you then I would suggest that you tell them to "leave me alone", you might want to mention that you would consider telling the "women's rights officer" (Or whatever the university calls the person who deals with sexual harrassment on campus). I have heard that the US educational system takes sexual harrassment very seriously.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2010, 11:06 pm

What Woodpecker said. If it continues to be an issue, they sell little keychain pepper spray dispensers that you should keep handy.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Mar 2010, 12:16 am

I was asexual for a long time. And, I was harassed by all sorts of people, both men and women. I purchased one of the those little canisters of pepper spray, and if someone wouldn't take no for an answer, I would pull it out and ask, very sweetly, "Would you like to sample my pepper spray?" I also think that the advice about reporting sexual harassment is good, too. No one should have to constantly defend their decision to be asexual. I have often thought of taking up martial arts, for that reason! :twisted:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 4:35 am

Genuine pepper spray or a genuine blunt object would be more effective and more in line with what some people deserve.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Ergop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2010, 11:13 pm

A friend asked me about that threesome bit once...
I was stuck trying to hide my red [shocked] face and trying to find a "suitable" NT answer [if there even is one 8O] instead of blurting out "Haha... no...no... it's not me it's you..."

Same friend tried to set me up earlier in the year... [met the guy later... could not have been more opposite of me]

I think making up a boyfriend could get blotchy and suggest just being persistent with the "No's." Hopefully they will lay off eventually =/

P.S. If it is a situation with a persistent guy... then in that case I would make up a fake boyfriend. [Those situations can be intimidating so they have an exception to my advice =p]

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 12:29 am

Wow, all this talk of pepper spray and blunt objects isn't exactly endearing, now is it? Be careful not to go too far with this. I'll remember what's said here when I do eventually get into a committed relationship and know how good I have it because I know what else is out there.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 12:35 am

sgrannel wrote:
Wow, all this talk of pepper spray and blunt objects isn't exactly endearing, now is it?.

It is generally a good idea for women at college to have pepper spray handy, because there are enough cases of sexual assault that it pays to be prepared. It's a matter of self-protection against bigger, stronger aggressors.

That said, if it's just someone who keeps hitting on you and doesn't get the hint that you're not interested, pepper spray is overkill. Better just to report them for sexual harassment.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 5:16 am

Get a blow up one

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 10:45 am

I guess I'd just like to caution against taking the hostile act too far because if some of you eventually decide you're really not asexual, and you really do want to find a partner, you'll want to not have alienated your entire city by then. And you'll not want to have ruined your credibility by being caught lying about too many things, such as having a boyfriend.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 3:41 pm

I think I act too much like an R-tard for people to even assume I have a gf. No one ever asks me, I think they just know I don't have a gf.

Cuterebra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2010, 1:57 pm

Try telling people that you're getting over a bad break up and so you aren't interested in dating. It won't keep them at bay forever, but at least it will buy you time.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2010, 12:47 am

If it's someone you don't know you want to get away from, just tell them you're lesbian, or have a boyfriend, it doesn't matter really.

If it's a friend, just tell them "Hell no".