petitesouris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2010, 9:40 am

pandorazmtbox wrote:
petitesouris wrote:
Erisad wrote:
feminazi. = anti-male mentality.

i think that term is just an easy way for chauvinists or ultraconservatives to silence people by calling them fascists. the cruel irony. it's like the pot that calls the kettle black.

anyways, i object to the arguement that relationships can only work if the woman sacrifices her power. the fallacy of this idea is the lack of clarification between power and freedom. it is abusive to dominate others, but someone who excercizes their fundamental freedoms, such as the right to speak, is not a nazi. the term "feminazi" is nothing but a histrionic exagerration.

Erisad, I have to agree with petitesouris. People who coined the term intended it to discredit and therefore effectively silence those who identified themselves as feminists. Which is why I chose to take back the term and proudly own it.

Truly, double standards and confining gender roles make me angry and outspoken. If that frightens some into thinking I am reactionary or fringe, then so be it--I will frighten them more by not backing down when I get hit with that label, but embracing it like a badge of honor.

erisad was not necessarily denigrating feminists, even though i still disagree with the term "feminazi". it is probably used by the same people who seem to think that individualism in women is unfeminine and similar to lesbianism.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 9:56 am

I also extremely hate 'difference feminists'...The ones who push the idea of women as baby makers and nurturers, elevate these things as sacred, and see men as lesser because they don't give birth. VOMIT. They manage to be grossly unfair to both men and women. Men, because they treat them as lesser because they don't get pregnant and poop the baby out, and women because they reduce women to just wombs. They do it in a nice way, but damn. I'm a sentient girl with a mind and skills and opinions, not just a brood mare whose main job is to give birth and nurture.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 2:46 pm

^
agree.
I have had far more women tell me that I'm somehow less than a "real" woman b/c I have chosen not to have children than men. Woman =/= mother; if it did, we wouldn't need two different words.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 5:30 pm

LKL wrote:
^
agree.
I have had far more women tell me that I'm somehow less than a "real" woman b/c I have chosen not to have children than men. Woman =/= mother; if it did, we wouldn't need two different words.

Been there..."When are you going to start a family?" Um, why don't my husband, our dog, and I constitute a family? "Maybe you'll change your mind when you're older." I'm 34. I don't think I'll be changing my mind about this one. My husband, OTOH, never gets these questions, only, "Your wife doesn't want kids?" as though all women have some sort of identical biological programming. Pure sexism -- assuming that as a woman, I want children, while it's normal for a man to not want children. I think that in couple who choose to breed, both of them want kids, right? Certainly the case with the people I know having babies.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 5:43 pm

LKL wrote:
^
agree.

People give me crap about not wanting kids all the time. In fact i am considering getting my tubes tied.
I'd rather enjoy myself and spend money on myself than have kids.

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 7:29 pm

LKL wrote:
^
agree.

Yes! Men are complete people who may choose to marry/have a family - but women are somehow "incomplete" if they don't have a man and baybeez. I never wanted kids. I wouldn't be a more complete person if I had a kid - I'd just be more stressed. Then there's people who say you're selfish for not wanting a kid which I don't get at all. How is not adding an additional person to an already overpopulated planet selfish?

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 6:19 am

It sucks indeed. I hate the assumption that all women want kids and if you don't there must be something wrong with you.

Seriously the way people react when I say I don't want kids...They either express sadness and act as if there is something wrong with me, or get angry and imply that I'm being selfish.

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 5:17 pm

I'm a liberal feminist.

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
I also extremely hate 'difference feminists'...The ones who push the idea of women as baby makers and nurturers, elevate these things as sacred, and see men as lesser because they don't give birth. VOMIT. They manage to be grossly unfair to both men and women. Men, because they treat them as lesser because they don't get pregnant and poop the baby out, and women because they reduce women to just wombs. They do it in a nice way, but damn. I'm a sentient girl with a mind and skills and opinions, not just a brood mare whose main job is to give birth and nurture.

Add those of a 'Masculine science is the symbolic rape of nature's sacred feminine!' persuasion to the list, and we're in full agreement.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 5:54 pm

FarqyTheIndolent wrote:
I'm a liberal feminist.

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

Add those of a 'Masculine science is the symbolic rape of nature's sacred feminine!' persuasion to the list, and we're in full agreement.

Indeed! Attacking science and reason is just plain insanity.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2010, 9:35 pm

I cannot be a humanist without being both a feminist and a masculinist.

Sahmiam
Raven
Raven

23 Nov 2010, 10:31 pm

I'm not a feminist. When I first found out about the glass ceiling and the differences between mens' and womens' wages, I was pretty peeved. But I was a third-grader and I got over it.

I'm glad that I'm a woman. I raise our children and clean the house. I wear an apron when I bake cookies. I don't want "equal treatment" with men. I'm good at what I do and I don't feel shame in it.

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Nov 2010, 7:08 am

I'm fairly indifferent. I believe that we should all be able to do whatever jobs we want to, and are capable, of doing and receive equal pay for it but at the same time I've encountered a level of hostility towards my choice of lifestyle. I'm a housewife and happy to be so; I love taking care of my husband and the house and feel no desire to go back to work, as most of the jobs I've had have been so stressful and have made me very unhappy.

I've found that when I'm at parties and people ask me what I do, when I tell them I'm a housewife they seem disappointed in me and conversation stops. It's almost like I'm letting the side down. Sometimes women have been almost antipathetic towards me because they feel I should be "making more of my life". I guess this links back to a thread I started a while ago about how you define yourself, and many people use their jobs to define themselves, so they can't understand how someone doesn't subscribe to their way of thinking. That's not to say that I define myself by being a housewife; it's just one aspect of who I am, but one that I'm proud of.

alicedress
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2010, 8:24 am

petitesouris wrote:
Erisad wrote:
feminazi. = anti-male mentality.

i think that term is just an easy way for chauvinists or ultraconservatives to silence people by calling them fascists. the cruel irony. it's like the pot that calls the kettle black.

I think you're on to something. ;)

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

That's more fertility worship than feminism, and yeah, I hate that too.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2011, 7:36 pm

I definitely consider myself a feminist!

I've always wondered if its common for Aspie women to be feminists, since they don't like many feminine things? :wink:

21 Aug 2011, 1:19 pm

Mysty wrote:
To me, a woman calling herself a feminist sounds like she's more concerned about women and women's issues than men.

That's precisely correct. Feminism is a divide-and-conquer strategy invented by upper middle class urban white girls that first tried to turn sistahs against brothas in the 70s. And now aspie women are being turned against aspie men(as NT women hate men who are socially inept)by NT feminists. :evil:

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 2:13 pm

I don't think that aspie women are that stupid.