New Arizona Law called "fundamentally racist."

Page 10 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 2:43 pm

When I went to Laredo, TX to visit family this year, I got the chance to talk to my cousin's family (who are Mexican) and they agree wholeheartedly that the lack of action on the border is nonsense. My cousin, who is border patrol, can't go just anywhere he pleases, because he has a bounty on his head for working for the government. I also got to speak with his wife's brother, who is boarder patrol as well, and he also agrees that it is outrageous that the federal government is basically looking the other way. I asked him what he thought about the Arizona's bill, and he said he didn't like it, BECAUSE it meant the possible influx of illegals in his town. He said that this should be handled federally, and not each individual state.

I asked him if he felt whether the bill or anything comparable was racist -- He jokingly said don't let gringo guilt get to me.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 2:56 pm

takemitsu wrote:
When I went to Laredo, TX to visit family this year, I got the chance to talk to my cousin's family (who are Mexican) and they agree wholeheartedly that the lack of action on the border is nonsense. My cousin, who is border patrol, can't go just anywhere he pleases, because he has a bounty on his head for working for the government. I also got to speak with his wife's brother, who is boarder patrol as well, and he also agrees that it is outrageous that the federal government is basically looking the other way. I asked him what he thought about the Arizona's bill, and he said he didn't like it, BECAUSE it meant the possible influx of illegals in his town. He said that this should be handled federally, and not each individual state.

I asked him if he felt whether the bill or anything comparable was racist -- He jokingly said don't let gringo guilt get to me.

The federal government could fix it real quick: legalize drugs and render the cartels and dealers worthless.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 3:24 pm

I argued that with them, but they said that it wasn't right to get rid of the system. I don't understand why people think it's ok that people are dying and living in terror because of a weed. I wanted to tell them that I really thought the government was in on the money scheme, but that would have raised too many eyebrows of people I just met. To them, weed is as bad as crack. I viewed his views as being just as bad as the inactivity of the government. Doesn't he know that there is war knocking at his door?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYhzXBUgJJk

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 3:29 pm

takemitsu wrote:
I argued that with them, but they said that it wasn't right to get rid of the system. I don't understand why people think it's ok that people are dying and living in terror because of a weed. I wanted to tell them that I really thought the government was in on the money scheme, but that would have raised too many eyebrows of people I just met. To them, weed is as bad as crack. I viewed his views as being just as bad as the inactivity of the government. Doesn't he know that there is war knocking at his door?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYhzXBUgJJk

Most people are brainwashed into simply believing drugs are absolutely bad and any amount of poverty, harm, and death that come about as a result of keeping it illegal are worth the costs.

And when I say legalize drugs, I mean all drugs. Including the unpopular ones that really do ruin people's lives and kill them. They're affected for the worse just as everyone else is by the laws. Should look up what they did in Portugal with decriminalization. I'd rather go one step farther and go for full legalization with certain controls and harm reduction measures in place...but the people are going to buy it regardless of its legal status (obviously) so why empower cartels and dealers who will work outside the law and kidnap and kill people?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 3:49 pm

I'd like to see marijuana legalized before everything else, I feel it's important to change the system the least amount possibly. If it works, why go overboard?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 5:39 pm

takemitsu wrote:
If it works, why go overboard?

I don't think it works, though. I think it's absolutely broken as far as its effects on society. It's the same effects you saw with alcohol prohibition except it's with less popular substances so it's not quite as bad...but it's certainly starting to get that way due to immigration and people's drug habits. The habits aren't the problem, though...they're a problem for the people, yes; however, they're not the problem as far as most of the crime associated with them. The law is the problem there.