Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

theexternvoid
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2011, 3:12 pm

When I was a kid with a programmable CD player, I had the track numbers that I liked memorized for every CD. I'd pop in the CD, program those tracks, and let it play over and over and over, day after day.

Usually I was programming my Commodore 64. This caused a strange experience that is hard to describe. If I listened to the music again later then I would "experience" the computer code that I wrote while listening to it.

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 3:25 pm

I enjoy listening to the Nutcracker suite for a lengthy amount of time, bear in mind that the song usually exceeds 30 minutes.

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 5:02 pm

This usually happens in my head and I usually can't make it stop. It just keeps on going again and again throughout of the course of the entire day. It has happened to me today and still is as I am typing this. I don't want it to stop anyway because 99% of the time, it is music I really like. However, it might temporarily stop if I end up in a social situation. In case you're wondering, this mostly happens to me with music from games. Not radio music, not 80's music.
At times, when I'm on the computer, I like listening to the actual music repeatedly or possibly with a select few. I especially do this when I play a game on the computer that doesn't have music or if the music from the game can be disabled. When not playing a game while doing so, I sometimes close my eyes being in my own world while doing so.
There's a few certain levels from games I like playing many times because of the music. I possibly even end up speed-running the level. :lol:

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 6:21 pm

Yes, I do this all the time. I always press the back button on my iPod. I really don't know why I enjoy listening to the same song over and over. I think it might be that it provokes a certain mood in me and I just wanna keep feeling that way.

Nerdykid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2011, 6:25 pm

I do this as well. I have a 15 song play list that I listen to when ever I do anything on the computer. I usuaully repeat songs a lot while listening to it as 4 or 5 of the songs appeal to me much more then the rest.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 6:29 pm

I frequently do this. Part of it is because its often a song I'm figuring out on guitar or another instrument and one way that helps me to play them is if I have a 100% memory of the entire song, including all the layers. Though I rarely memorize vocals

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

17 Jan 2011, 7:01 pm

yeah i'm also like that. i also still buy CDs, and batteries

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 8:38 pm

don't do it late at night. it'll make it harder to get to sleep.

When you listen to music, does your heartbeat synchronize?

Nerdykid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2011, 9:08 pm

I find it hard to sleep if I do or don't listen to the music. Rarely I won't think about it all day and then I am normal for that day. But there are songs that I feel for some reason I just have to listen to every day.

ajlposh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jan 2011, 7:35 pm

Oh yes. If there's a song that I like so much, I will listen to it many times in a row.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 7:47 pm

Oh yes - same song or same bit of a song.

I can't stand repeat though, I have to manually start it again though, it maybe has to be started at a certain point or stopped at a certain point such as a favourite part, the timing has to be just right and I have to feel just write about it - say for example if I'm distracted at the second I repeated it from I have to restart it again at that point. It often has to be repeated to the part that I would sing - I never sing, it just has to be something I could imagine myself singing - I have a whole imaginary band and gig in my head, we have a very eclectic play list :D

Right now I have an obsession with Nicki Minaj (I'm normally a rock fan, although generally quite eclectic tastes) - Knockout with her and Lil Wayne, first verse of Roger That with Young Money and just before her verse of Monster by Kanye West. Knockout was also repeating in my head for a good few days too.

Lucky for everyone else I can only really listen properly to music if on my MP3 player while I'm walking, or by watching music videos on my laptop at night with my headphones in, so no one else has to deal with my constant repeating.

A favourite song (all-time) is determined on how much I still like it after hearing it a few million times.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 8:21 pm

I listen to the song that perfectly fits my life situation over and over again.

I do have a favourite band, who's music I listen to.........a lot. Not the same song, but the same band.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 8:43 pm

I do that all the time! And I have for years!