What's the weirdest dream or nightmare you can remember?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 12:18 am

This was inspired by Ebonwinter in the interview thread. It made me want to hear more people's dreams and nightmares.

So, what's the weirdest dream or nightmare you can remember?

I had lots of strange recurring nightmares when I was younger. The weirdest one was me and my mom in our old van. For some reason the back seat (where I was sitting) was facing out the back window and my mom was driving backwards (but facing forwards) really fast down a highway. There was this 3 foot tall gerbil/rat/alien thing standing on two feet in the middle of the road facing us. Just standing there. I started screaming at my mom to stop the car - I didn't want her to kill it - but she just kept driving, heading straight for it, and it didn't move out of the way. It didn't move at all. Still screaming at the top of my lungs, now terrified of the creepy animal thing, I watch as we quickly move closer to the creature, it's face level with my own. When we're only a few feet away, its cold dead eyes looking straight at me, I shield my face expecting this thing to come right through the window and kill me in some quite disturbing way. When nothing happens, I quickly turn around to look out the front window. And there it is. Still standing there. Still facing us. Creepiest thing ever.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 1:32 am

Lucy in the sky with diamonds topic.

I wouldn't know where to start , as weird dreams are part and parcel of me.

One was when was about five , I had an imaginary sibling(a sister) and we decided to lived in the bottom of the large body of water( a lake or ocean? on the floor/ bed.)
So we jumped in the water and swam down.
There was an entire civilization down there , everyone breathing water in the cities along with all the beautiful infrastructure.
The main point of the dream I guess ,was that I loved her and enjoyed her company and then she died.
I remembered the great loss.
The imagery in the background along with everything here was intense too.
I woke up incredibly moved by this dream.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 1:38 am

Mdyar wrote:
I wouldn't know where to start , as weird dreams are part and parcel of me.

Go ahead and post them all! Dreams are fascinating things. :D

Your dream sounds beautiful. I've often wished I could live in an underwater city.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 4:24 am

I have large hands, for a woman. The female equivalent of hands like shovels, bigger than my dad's hands. I kept on dreaming about my hands, last night. It wasn't exactly a nightmare, but it was a strange dream. Chances are, that if a man is 5ft 8, or shorter, my hands are usually bigger than his. I was also browsing through one of my three old Kinks books, that I've found, late in the evening - 'The Kinks: Well Respected Men'. I'm not going to say that it's got nothing to do with it, because it does. I guess that my mum's attitudes about the way that I've grown up to be, is also in the back of my mind. Of course, she swears like a truck driver, so I'll just let that go.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 5:05 am

i dreamt that i drove from washington state to philadelphia in just a few hours. once in philly, i went directly to this strange house that resembled a a tower made of bare sheets of flat wood that was about 50 feet tall. there were a few fenestrations [like windows but no visible glass] here and there, and there was a big opening on the bottom, so i entered this opening and went down into a basement, where there was a dimensional illusion- this basement had several stories' worth of space inside, and one whole wall [a story above the floor] was composed of thousands of fenestrations [again, like windows but no visible glass but there was some invisible transparent barrier which blocked the elements]. i climbed a rickety ladder to reach this high wall and gazed out this window-wall and saw the panorama of the city of philly, blocked with a mysterious blue opacity at intervals. i looked around and saw a bridge which disappeared into this mysterious blue foggy opacity, it led towards the city skyline. i turned back towards the interior and explored various rickety "floors" suspended by tenuous wooden linkages with ladders and improvised stairsteps. everything was unfinished wood, sort-of like an interior "tree house." suddenly i heard footsteps from above, and i turned towards the entrance and saw a slanted platform slowly descend from the ceiling, and this man walked down the platform and saw me as i rushed out from the basement, and i said to him, "sorry sir, but your door was open and i was supposed to see you about the purchase of my property in washington. and he told me "you sure did scare me, but let's talk." the dream at that point segued to another dream, this time at night, and i was in front of a busy thoroughfare with cars zooming left and right, and 2 stray dogs were barking at the traffic going by- across the busy street i suddenly saw my sister as she was at age 13, and myself as i was at age 9, and "they" both were entering a decrepit firehouse which was functioning as a hideout for a gang of motorcycle hoodlums, and something made me rush across the street and run into the house behind them. then i awoke.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 5:45 am

I remember a nightmare that I had, just moments ago. I went back to bed, feeling a little uneasy, about family things.

I had this dream, that this cat beast was clinging on to my back, trying to rape me and have sex, with me. Every time I opened my eyes, I saw the neon green eyes, of that cat. I kept struggling to wake up. When I finally woke up, I sat up in my bed, and found that nothing was there. I jumped out of bed, telling myself, that my mum had no control over my emotions, personality or my dreams, and than I made myself a cup of tea. It's not even 4, yet and I'm typing this.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 8:01 am

Weirdest for me?

I dreamt that I was the head of the army for the country I created. Well, one day we were in battle and I was captured, The enemy however was very stupid. The two guys that captured me had to urinate in the woods, thus leaving me unguarded. I made my escape.

A nightmare?

I was a guest at my friends house(Admiral Bukater). We were at a party that night, but it was strange. It seemed like everyone started chanting KILL THE GENERAL! KILL THE GENERAL! so, he got his saber and beheaded me right there in the parlor, after that, the beginning of Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven is a place on earth" started playing. It truly was scary.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 5:29 pm

Those are some pretty interesting dreams.

Having posted that right before going to bed, I ended up having a weird dream last night. Not a nightmare, but just weird. Someone I know was going on their honeymoon so I had to babysit their kids and dogs while they were gone. Sounds fine, but they had an 8 year old, a 4 year old, twin 8 month old babies, and 7 dogs! AND for some reason I had to do this while camping! So the dream was me running around trying to find proper equipment because I haven't camped in years and we had to leave later that day, and it was really stressful - why would they trust me with so much responsibility and then make it even harder by making us sleep in a tent?! I do kind of wish the dream had gotten to the actual camping part, could have been interesting. I do remember having a visual thought inside my dream while I was panicking about how I would handle all of it. I pictured me, in the woods, walking 7 dogs (most of them quite large) with one hand, the twin babies strapped in those backpack carriers, one on my back one on my front. And with my other hand I was holding the 4 year old's hand and the 8 year old had her other hand. It was quite bizarre.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 3:42 am

they are all weird as h*ll but my favorite ever was when i had flight. I dreamed i was with someone and we took off and I could feel my body stretching out and becoming aerodynamic. I could feel and see my arms extending and turning into wings. I could feel like what it was like to be a bird once my wings formed, and they were like heron wings, not just any songbird, but massive, powerful wings. I felt what it was like for my wings to move through the air and the air moving through them and the currents as we flew through the night sky, to have these amazing powerful appendages harnessing a power that carried me up into the air and through the sky, I was literally awestruck in my dream, and we landed on a roof of someones house and I remember the landing, too, we landed just like birds land, it was amazing the feeling of knowing what it feels like to decelerate and flap just enough to gently set down on the tar paper roof. And then we went into the second story window, and they had those bath beads that have bubble bath in them in the bathroom, and the dream ended.

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2010, 4:12 am

I had a dream that our Photography teacher took us to a nuclear test site in a third world country for our lessons... weird.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 7:26 am

Is dreaming about being picked up by giant beavers in a hovering car (with T-bar automatic transmission) weird enough?

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 7:51 am

In my dream I was a boy and I was sliding down a slide that was really long, winding and made of mud. I landed on top of a goat and killed her by mistake so a voice said that a beaver will take a rib from my dog. I hid in a green hut but a man walking a beaver on a leash knocked on my door and they hung my dog's ribs from a tree. Then I emerged from a hole in the ground and green giants congratulated me.

My weirdest dream to date.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 8:21 am

Last night.

I had a dream that I was Emily, one of the central characters in my universe. Well, the accident just happened, and it was as if the whole thing could have been stopped had I stopped Millicent King from pushing my twin sister down a long flight of stairs. I had never felt so depressed in a dream, I cried for hours, and dreamt I vomited all over my bed.

yes, it was quite strange.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 8:23 am

I had a dream, that my little sister was holding up the bank, at gunpoint. It was very strange. My sweet, younger sister of three years, holding down a bank.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 8:24 am

All my dreams tend to be odd.

I normally tend to float while other people move normally.

Malbred
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 May 2010, 10:07 am

hm, weirdest nightmare? Well, I was awake for three days straight and all my friend and I had (random subject right now theres 666 ppl online) so many energy drinks it was impossible. Like, 8 or 9 the first day (in only a couple of hours) so on the third day when I went to sleep, I was in a Gears of War esque universe, only where I lived was the area. I watched my family die in front of my eyes but my dad had managed to kill on of the alien things and I just hid under the nearest piece of furniture. They eventually left and I could barely recognize the fragments of my family. I tried to grab the gun the dead alien thing but it was way to heavy for me. I can't really remember the rest and it was the only dream I have remembered this vividly.

As for weirdest dream, it was a recurring one where the entire school that I went to lived at my house, which had transformed into a mansion.