Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TJW
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2010, 2:41 pm

I must admit games get me swearing like a trooper.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 3:09 pm

Only when they cheat.

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 3:31 pm

Yep. Screaming over VOIP. ahhh :roll:

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2010, 4:05 pm

I play games like a drunken sailor. Often happens in halo, Always happens in RPGs when I have to solve a puzzle and the character won't do what I want him to do. Especially when there is no jump function in the game, and I have to go through some elaborate chutes and ladders to do a simple task I could have done in 2 seconds in real life (See resident evil and Every RPG ever)

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 5:00 pm

Mind Games, Olympic Games, Board Games, I just like to swear - I like the way those words feel in my throat. I was raised in a religious home, but delighted in saying foul curse words to myself when no one was listening. If I had known about Tourette's when I was a child, I would have thought I had it, but I'd never heard of it, so I just thought I was possessed by Demons. Maybe that's why I frequently feel like I'm living in Hell - maybe Hell is living in me....MuUuAaAaHhaHahaHahAHa...:twisted:

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 5:14 pm

I swear playing games all the time. My parents get mad at me for it; they don't realize I'm just blowing off steam.

But they do not have me

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 5:47 pm

Apera wrote:
I swear playing games all the time. My parents get mad at me for it; they don't realize I'm just blowing off steam.

You ought to hear my dad swear when playing Mariocart Wii . . .

Sententia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2010, 7:19 pm

I talk alot of trash on the microphone while playing Call of Duty. Normally I come in first place every time in Multilayer mode, second sometimes. Although what I hate the most.. is joining a match and it's already halfway into it, typically to a losing team so of course it gets frustrating. I use all kinds of words to describe my feelings.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 7:34 pm

Mudboy wrote:
Only when they cheat.

:lol: Same here.

Leander
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2010, 9:47 pm

I've never quite understood how people get worked up enough over games to swear. I definitely don't get angry with games myself, just disappointed, at which point I just put down the controller and do something else. But then I'm not a very competitive person, and winning has never been my reason for playing - I mainly play for the escapism and the experience.

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 10:24 pm

Certainly. But I think most people do, even normal people.

For evidence, I present my roommates. All NT, and one of them is even fully normal to boot! They all swear at my xbox.

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 May 2010, 10:31 pm

When I was young I did, especially when I was losing or we were leaving (bowling).

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 10:51 pm

I do not swear at games I at most snap my fingers when I fail to complete a puzzle or a hard boss.

I tend to be very cool headed.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 11:22 pm

Nope, but instead I analyze where I went wrong and try again... if I'm playing against A.I., who are predictable. If I'm playing something like Halo multiplayer, where my own team is too busy killing themselves instead of performing the actual objectives, then I'll say, "To heck with them, time to snipe the enemy."

HermanTheTosser
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2010, 10:56 am

Only when I feel cheated by losing to the game (I dislike multiplayer with strangers and I don't care enough if I win against friends or family) only because of a minor bug, glitch, camera gets in the way or anything like that.

For some reason, I never get too upset when a something serious happens. One time my RAID array died on me suddenly in the middle of Dragon Age. Didn't get too upset or even annoyed, actually quite relieved to be forced off a mammoth 12 hour play session.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 8:27 pm

I swear when I troll on X-box live. I tend to pretend that I'm a gamer from Vietnam and will talk with a Vietnamese accent I developed by imitating my friend from vietnam. When people criticize the accent, I cuss them out just for fun, but normally, I'm very cool headed.