What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 336 of 498 [ 7960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339 ... 498  Next

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2017, 11:20 am

I opened a cupboard and found a baby animal in a cage. It was my sister's pet I didn't know about. It was like a hamster, and there was a little sign on the cage that said it was a banaar (I don't know where I got that name from). When I took it out of the cage to hold it, its claws got stuck in my hand and then the room went black. There were lots of green lights everywhere. When everything went back to normal, I looked at the banaar and it was wearing a purple dress. The label on the dress said that it was its toilet.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 10:50 pm

^^^^^^fascinating dream! i'll have to look up "banaar." I wonder if it is related to "catarrh"?
EDIT- I researched it and found the closest word I could find, which is bañar, the Spanish infinitive verb "to bathe." so mebbe your unconscious sleeping mind got that word from a long-ago Spanish class?

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 May 2017, 1:18 am

Thanks. :) I've never tried to learn Spanish, so I'm not sure how I would have thought of that word. It's interesting that the closest word to the one I saw on the cage means "to bathe" when the animal was wearing a dress that it could use as a toilet.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 1:53 am

^^^I think that might be the collective unconscious in action.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 2:21 am

For some reason we were digging a grave to bury someone in, in my yard. And my moms boyfriend came over to tell us to keep it down....the night before it was a tornado that passed close by my house but not close enough to destroy it. Then I also dreamed that I had accidentally cut the blade on my brothers latest addition to his blade collection with a machete because he had been talking about how a machete could do that to the blade, but then I dreamed of it actually happening.

Also I have reoccurring locations in my dreams, not always the same dream but usually some locations it happens in are reoccurring. The weird thing is, is some of these 'dream locations' in my head have existed since I was like 7 so like its not even new places. Meh if you want things to get weird talk to me about my dreams..in the past I even had dreams where I had one perspective and then talked to my brother and found out he had been having the other part of the dream. I mean how freaking weird is that? unless he was just messing with me but with the seriousness of the conversation I don't really think that.

Like the most memoriable one is when I was in a weird attic in my dream and thought I looked down through the window and saw my brother looking up...then he said he had a dream he was looking up into a weird attic and thought he saw me in there. And then we were both like...wow, we just described the same dream from different perspectives. So weird dreams are not a new thing for me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 2:28 am

^^^^ do you ever dream of past lives?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 2:32 am

auntblabby wrote:

I had one strange dream in the past, of being a baby...and the sky got all dark and horrid and this woman grabbed me and ran off with me to somewhere safe. Don't know if the woman was supposed to be my mother in the dream or some woman who had just saved me from something but either way that never happened in my actual childhood of this life. So I have certainly wondered what that was about. But aside from that I don't recall any dreams indicating any sort of potential past life. Though I did have a 'psycic' tell me I was a crazy viking warrior in my past, but not sure how genuine they were hence why I put the quotation marks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 2:44 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I had one strange dream in the past, of being a baby...and the sky got all dark and horrid and this woman grabbed me and ran off with me to somewhere safe. Don't know if the woman was supposed to be my mother in the dream or some woman who had just saved me from something but either way that never happened in my actual childhood of this life. So I have certainly wondered what that was about. But aside from that I don't recall any dreams indicating any sort of potential past life. Though I did have a 'psycic' tell me I was a crazy viking warrior in my past, but not sure how genuine they were hence why I put the quotation marks.

when I was a little kid, I had recurring dreams of California, and I never figured it out, but as a young adult I dreamt of at least one lifetime spent in a hot sunbaked place in the south somewhere [I was a prisoner toiling in the yard of the prison in that lifetime]. this lifetime I've always had a strange but vivid fear of law enforcement and jails/prisons. in any case, to dream of tornados suggests that you experienced some strong emotional episodes recently. a yard refers to the outer experience of your life out in the world, and how organized you are. if it was in the backyard it refers to your childhood or of previous lifetimes. To dream that you are at a graveyard [or burying somebody in the yard] represents the discarded aspects of yourself. You may be fearing the unknown. Alternatively, the graveyard indicates a loss or a period of mourning. your mother's boyfriend telling you to pipe down suggests that your mother's boyfriend seems to be unsupportive of you and yours. To see a blade in your dream suggests that you are making some difficult and important decisions. You need to be able to make clear distinctions between your choices. It also indicates that you are walking on a thin line and need to balance aspects of your life carefully. To dream that a blade is broken in half indicates some ambivalence, confusion or ambiguity with some decision that you are trying to make. Up to now, your actions have been counterproductive. Alternatively, the dream means that anger is not the answer to solving your problems. you and your brother sharing different parts of the same dream suggests the collective unconscious in action.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 3:23 am

i am plagued by dreams that are annoying lately (over the last six months)

they always entail me coming home from work and stopping at a pub, and then not knowing anyone in the pub, and i am carrying my briefcase which somehow spills out and i lose all my stuff on the floor and i can not gather it up, and i then decide to go home, but i can not remember where i parked my car or even what my car is.

so i run around the adjacent streets looking for it, and then think i will catch a train home or a bus, but then when i exit the bar, i do not recognize where i am, and i ask people to give me directions to the train station or bus stop, and they give me directions i can not follow.

like they point in a direction and i head off in that direction, but i can not get there because there are walls everywhere which i can not scale.

i do not even remember where i live anyway so i think "even when i get to the station, i will have no idea what train to catch"

it is a bothersome type of dream and my psychiatrist is not interested in dreams.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 3:55 am

I useta also have something of that kinda dream that is like a chase to nowhere and where everything falls apart and nothing makes sense even in the dream. I never could figure out what those were about.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 4:22 am

auntblabby wrote:
I useta also have something of that kinda dream that is like a chase to nowhere and where everything falls apart and nothing makes sense even in the dream. I never could figure out what those were about.

yeah but they seriously disrupt my feeling of security in deep slumber. i wake up with lessened refreshment when i have been dreaming things like that.

another aspect of some of the dreams is when i suddenly and unexpectedly find myself back home, i do not recognize my house and i see many doors that i never bothered to open.
when i open them i see what i consider to be a treasure trove of investigative potential, but upon investigation, i find many flaws that concern me as to the structural integrity of the house.

often, in those dreams, i open a door and find another family living in the rooms beyond, and i freak out that i thought i bought a sole dwelling and not a unit or a condo or whatever you call it over there.

it's quite an incentive to get up and out of bed and shake my head up and reorient myself to reality.

it is amazing how, no matter how befuddled you are in your dream as to what is the surroundings of your life, as soon as you wake up and get up, it all immediately comes into the true focus of reality.

when i was younger, i always went to sleep and never remembered any dreams and that is what should happen because i never was annoyed about that.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 5:23 am

I had a weird dream the other night I was going to have a bath and there was another person having one that was the size of a swimming pool, I didn't even mind getting in even though it had someone else's bath water.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 9:44 am

I dreamed I was at work and I was at some sort of staff meeting. The person leading it droned on and on, cutting into our normal working hours. It seemed to take forever to finish.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 11:29 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Like the most memoriable one is when I was in a weird attic in my dream and thought I looked down through the window and saw my brother looking up...then he said he had a dream he was looking up into a weird attic and thought he saw me in there. And then we were both like...wow, we just described the same dream from different perspectives. So weird dreams are not a new thing for me.

That IS interesting.

The closest thing was in the news about the Sandra Levy murder case. Years into the case her parents reported dreaming about her the same night- and both dreaming about seeing her in baseball get-up playing little league. practically the same dream, the same time. And the same perspective.

But never heard of two people having mirror image dreams like what you're talking about.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 4:43 pm

About a week ago I had a dream that I was playing the video game Don't Starve, and I saw Willow riding a talking beefalo. They were running around trying to collect coins (like in Super Mario 64).

I don't remember my dreams much anymore.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 10:47 pm

^^^at least you remembered that one, after a week no less! :wtg: