Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 2:18 pm

Yes, I tend to speak too quickly sometimes and the sounds can jumble. I have to slow down. It's like my mind is going way faster than my tongue.

capriwim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2010, 5:34 pm

I often talk too fast and stumble over words, but not true stuttering. More like cluttering: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluttering

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 8:39 pm

i stutter a bit sometimes. not sure what circumstances. sometimes anxious, sometimes excited by topic but uncomfortable talking about it?

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2010, 11:20 pm

Oh God yes. I definitely talk too fast. I'm always having to repeat myself because I talk too fast. Always happens to me, especially if I'm really nervous. I remember one particular incident in school last semester, talking to my computers teacher asking him a question about something (I approached him). And I rambled on for like... two full minutes asking him this question, and at the end... all he said was "wait............what?".

hans66
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2010, 1:36 pm

Fatal-Noogie wrote:
People tell me I talk too fast and stutter, ... and they're right. Also I have trouble pronouncing my R's.

What language do you speak? The r's are different for each language. In my tongue, Dutch, the r can be pronounced by vibrating the uvulum. The articulation place is roughly the same as the Ach-Laut in German. The r can also be pronounced by a vibrating tong tip.

I talk too fast. For a Dutch, I have a somewhat strange pronunciation of the s. It is pronounced with the area of the tongue close to the teeth, with the tongue tip pointing downwards, instead of with the tongue tip close to the teeth. The first is called a laminal s and the second an apical s. The apical s is between laminal s and sh. A logopedist told me that that isn't strange.

My l's are slightly too long, only at a beging of a word or syllable. A singing teacher told me that.

Last edited by hans66 on 07 Jul 2010, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deidara
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2010, 2:04 pm

When I was a kid I had a lisp.

Nowadays I mumble/talk too soft sometimes, but I don't notice because I can understand myself clearly.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 11:52 am

I have a bad habit of mumbling. But if I don't mumble I find I talk too loud. My voice seems to have an awkward tone to it.
I also tend to get tongue-tied too, especially if I get excited. It's so embarrassing when I get tongue-tied!