Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 10:44 pm

Does anyone else have a problem with lying? Not even big lies, but if someone ask you something and you just speak without thinking at all?

I used to have a big problem with this. An example would be if my mom asked, "James did you take care of your laundry?" Then I said, "Yes," even though it was still on the table...

DeathGoth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2010, 12:34 am

I don't lie, even if its going to screw me. I try not to answer the question or something but I will not like.. In the end truth is better because you don't have all the bs involved with a lie to cover it up..

So i would be 100% true by saying this.. But then again whats the point in lying anyway... I don't see a need for it, either someone asks you something and you give and honest answer then they should have never asked in the 1st place. Thats how I view it I suppose.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Jun 2010, 12:41 am

I'm fed up of trying to figure out what's a good lie and what's a bad lie. What's a mandatory lie.

"How are you?" Fine.
"Do you like my new shirt?" Yes.
"Did you like my brother?" Yes.
"Wasn't that a lovely dinner?" Yes.

Just try telling the truth, you'll get disinherited and unemployed.

pyzzazzyZyzzyva
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jun 2010, 1:53 am

In the past, I had problem where my mom would ask me whether I wanted scrambled eggs and I would say "yes" without thinking. Then when she brought me eggs, I'd ask her what the eggs were for.

Jookia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jun 2010, 2:09 am

I'm great at automatically replying too. My favourites are "No, I'm busy", "Yeah", "I'm fine."

I can lie, but I fill up with guilt.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 9:16 am

I mean of course I fill up with guilt to, especially if my automatic reply had caused someone to get hurt. Like me and my girlfriend were talking about our past lives, and she asked me if I had done anything in a car, and I said "yes" without thinking and it really got her bummed. Then since I had never lied to her before I was kinda afraid to tell her because I was afraid that she'd break up with me. But I knew I had to tell her if I wanted our relationship to be truthful

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 1:07 pm

I'm just learning how to lie than being too honest. I am figuring out what to lie about and what to keep to myself.

Yeah of course I lied as a child by making up stories or lying to stay out of trouble but I mean something else.