Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

monkeybutt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2010, 9:15 am

It started out as "what on earth are my kids reading?" And so I read a bunch of comic books. Then I read the entire Watchmen series. And I discovered I had a lot easier time reading comics than I did watching television or even movies. Hey, I liked it even better than reading a regular book!

And so now I'm sneaking home copies of Naruto (which is real manga, not a graphic novel)... I say sneaking them home because I've been repeatedly telling my kids to "stop reading that crap!" and er... here I am, totally reading it like crazy! I am also drawn inexplicably toward the GN section of bookstores, where I ooh and ahh at Marvel and the like.

Egads. Anyone else here like comics/manga? I'm thinking if I'm not careful, I could end up like the Comic Book Guy on the Simpsons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Book_Guy). Except that I'm a girl, of course.

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 12:01 pm

I'm a big manga reader, and another Naruto fan. I also follow Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist (the last Full Metal Alchemist just came out last week, so I'm a bit upset; no more new FMA).

There are a lot of good sites to read the most recent translations of literally hundreds of different mangas. One I use a lot is http://www.onemanga.com. The translations on One Manga are a little later than other sites, but most of the time they're better quality. Plus, the translations come straight from Shonen Jump and other manga magazines like it, so it is the most recent chapter, way ahead of the manga volumes sold in stores, though they are only a single chapter at a time. :P