..people say his brain is infected by devils

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Keicko
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jun 2010, 5:25 pm

This is my first post sorry if has already been done before but, has anyone been told or gotten the impression that someone thinks you automatically have the desire to be a cerial killer because of the way that you look?

Silva20contraorder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2010, 5:42 pm

Yerp well not to that degree I think, but on the buses constantly I see people point at me then tell the person next to them they want to move seats. People either find my blank expression dumb or frightening(sp), from what I see anyway.

Last edited by Silva20contraorder on 16 Jun 2010, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 6:34 pm

I think that most serial killers probably look pretty typical. In the case of Ted Bundy, he was actually quite handsome and presented himself very well.

I might be worried that someone might have a penchant for random violence or a short temper based on how they look (old scars, tatooes that read "I hate everybody" and "kill" and a twitchy look about them). I might discreetly avoid them if this was the case.

BTW - before anyone gets on my case about my twitchy comment - I know that many neurological conditions and sensory disorders might make someone twitchy and they may actually be peaceful, gentle people who are not prone to violence and I shouldn't be prejudiced, yada yada yada. When I am at a bus stop or wherever, I play safe - if I see A COMBINATION of behaviours or traits that I think might indicate that a person could be unstable - I err on the side of caution. Sorry if this offends anyone.

Keicko
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jun 2010, 7:17 pm

Thanks for the input guys. (I can't believe I spelled serial wrong) anyways, it was just in highschool some people would look at me and be like "that boy is going to shoot up the school" even though I was at good terms with everyone around me. Now at work I kind of get paranoid about people thinking Im some sort of sociopath and it making them feel uncomfortable.

Silva20contraorder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2010, 7:23 pm

Well people judge on appearances NT or not, I think facial expression is rather trivial but its part of body language and gives off a lot of signals like you've mentioned people looking at you with suspicion(sp), I find people are too quick to look at other peoples expressions to realise how intimidating they themselves look.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 8:26 pm

Silva20contraorder wrote:
Well people judge on appearances NT or not, I think facial expression is rather trivial but its part of body language and gives off a lot of signals like you've mentioned people looking at you with suspicion(sp), I find people are too quick to look at other peoples expressions to realise how intimidating they themselves look.

Oddly, sociopaths and psychopaths can manipulate this to committing crimes, yet people don't notice. However, compare them to an Autie, and they'll give him/her the, "Serial Killer" label. Weird, isn't it . . .? Course, if i was sitting next to a guy that resembled your avatar (Alucard, aka Dracula), yes, i would be scared sh*tless :lol: :lol: .

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 8:32 pm

I was labeled the kid that would bring the gun to school. One entire class took the time to plan how they'd stop me, in weightlifting I had a friend who said "everyone thinks you'll shoot up the school but I'm not worried even if you do I don't think I'd have to worry you stretch me all the time I think that counts for something"

So yeah I think people took me pretty seriously.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 9:32 pm

Nope, but I've found people can be highly judgmental. I myself tend to be wary of people who remind me of other people I knew in the past who hurt me in some way. I think its a survival instinct?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 11:00 pm

That's ignorant people being idiots, for you. I've dealt with a lot of that same stuff, believe it, or not. That was a long time, ago. I was a hyper and physical kid, as a lot of kids are.