Would you believe this nonsense?!

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 4:15 pm

My brother is a rather erksome man. My sister-in-law who is also my friend divorced him and I understand why BUT he found himself another girl. My x-sister-in-law had the nerve to make a derogatory comment about her looks. I felt like ripping her head off. She divorces him and has the NERVE to make fun at his new girlfriend. PLUS she remarried anyhow. What does she care what he does?! I threw her out of my house. I couldn't understand what the heck was her problem. Good riddance! His new girl is a much nicer person. She thought his x-wife was nice looking. That's the thanks she got.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 4:47 pm

It's kind of an NT girl thing. Comparing yourself to the prior and post girlfriends is part of figuring out how attractive you, yourself are - where you sit on the scale. Women do talk like that to each other at certain ages and stages ...

Next time just say, "I don't think that is an appropriate observation; please keep such thoughts to yourself in the future" and move on.

budgenator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2010, 4:54 pm

Sounds like your ex-sis divorced your brother, but he wasn't supposed to be divorced from her. I've seen this attitude a lot and the more narcissistic leaning the divorcée the more likely it is to occur and the stronger and longer it will last. Try not to get too upset with your ex-sister-in-law, all she's doing is making herself look petty and spitefull.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 7:48 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
It's kind of an NT girl thing. Comparing yourself to the prior and post girlfriends is part of figuring out how attractive you, yourself are - where you sit on the scale. Women do talk like that to each other at certain ages and stages ...

Are you saying these women can't figure out how attractive they are without comparing themselves to others? This seems so relative and almost random...

I've been told most people don't have an "independent" opinion of themselves - it always fluctuates in relationship with what others are/do/have. A very strange notion to me...

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 7:59 pm

Moments like those make me wonder why people call ME insensitive. At least I'm not shallow or intentionally rude...

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 8:09 pm

Sallamandrina wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Are you saying these women can't figure out how attractive they are without comparing themselves to others? This seems so relative and almost random...

I've been told most people don't have an "independent" opinion of themselves - it always fluctuates in relationship with what others are/do/have. A very strange notion to me...

Spectrum girls can be different (although, I've met one who seemed to do this kind of thing). I like to look nice and to be dressed in context for occasions but I don't really rate myself by others (I rate myself on presentability).

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 8:10 pm

book_noodles wrote:
Moments like those make me wonder why people call ME insensitive. At least I'm not shallow or intentionally rude...

Aye, I'm bad but I don't go around making fun of people who are with my ex's. If anything I feel sorry for them.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 8:28 pm

LostAlien wrote:
Spectrum girls can be different (although, I've met one who seemed to do this kind of thing). I like to look nice and to be dressed in context for occasions but I don't really rate myself by others (I rate myself on presentability).

Same here. I mean I have a pretty clear idea how I look, who I am and what my abilities and weakness are - isn't this part of being an adult? My limits are what they are, they are not going to change because someone else does the same thing better or worse than me. After all, I am the only one who can explore or push these limits, right? Or am I missing something? Is this maybe more about how people feel about themselves than who they actually are?

Normally I would just dismiss the reaction in the OP as "bitchiness", but lately I'm trying to figure where are these reactions coming from, even if I still believe they show lack of character.

Last edited by Sallamandrina on 18 Jun 2010, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 9:30 pm

Its common for women to do this.
Same with NT Guys. Some dude dumps his GF then gets pissed off when my friend starts dating her.
Women love to compare themselves. Its very, very normal.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 11:07 am

If my questions were inappropriate and killed this thread I apologize to the OP - I just don't seem to understand these things very well :(

Zorku
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jun 2010, 10:07 pm

Seems so relative? Relative is all attractiveness is. This is a competion we've taken part in since before all of this social nicety and women are the newcomers to it. They just added their own flavor to being awful to each other~

Really though, if they value devaluing the people around them over positive interaction why would you want to be around them anyway? Unless it were working... no way. Couldn't be.

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 11:33 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
My brother is a rather erksome man. My sister-in-law who is also my friend divorced him and I understand why BUT he found himself another girl. My x-sister-in-law had the nerve to make a derogatory comment about her looks. I felt like ripping her head off. She divorces him and has the NERVE to make fun at his new girlfriend. PLUS she remarried anyhow. What does she care what he does?! I threw her out of my house. I couldn't understand what the heck was her problem. Good riddance! His new girl is a much nicer person. She thought his x-wife was nice looking. That's the thanks she got.

It sounds like a combination of the following.

1) Deep down she is re-gretting divorcing your brother and now knows she has no chance of reversing this since he is re-married and happy with a better wife then what she was.

2) She isn't happy with her current marriage

3) She sounds like a woman who feels like she has to try complete against her piers and that she only wants what she can't have (in this situation it is your brother)

People like this are a headache and are more trouble then they are worth. You had every right to throw her out.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos