Aspies of the Pacific Northwest....UNITE :D!

Page 36 of 38 [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 9:31 pm

SpreadsheetMaster wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
SpreadsheetMaster wrote:
25/Male/Washington here.

did you ever attend any of the seattle square pegs aspie meetups?

Never heard of them, but thanks for telling me about them lol! I'm on meetup. Too bad there's like no one at their events.

when they held them at the penthouse, they were quite crowded. Dox47 can tell you more about them.

KissMyDirndl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jun 2017, 10:48 pm

Yay, I was so excited to find this thread. My name is Heather and I live in Portland, OR.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 188 of 200
Your neurotypical (Non-Autistic) score: 38 of 200

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 11:01 pm

^^^^ hiya fellow NW aspie 8) welcome to WP :alien:

KissMyDirndl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jun 2017, 2:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^^ hiya fellow NW aspie 8) welcome to WP :alien:

Thanks, I'm happy to be here :D

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 188 of 200
Your neurotypical (Non-Autistic) score: 38 of 200

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 3:47 pm

KissMyDirndl wrote:
Yay, I was so excited to find this thread. My name is Heather and I live in Portland, OR.

Welcome to Wrong Planet from a fellow Portlander! :D

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 12:13 pm

Anyone else in the PNW, mainly the Seattle / Puget Sound area experience the Seattle Freeze? It definitely exists. I'll take my cute dog for a walk at a beach park, he's very friendly and likes interacting with people. I have a shoulder strap with a large camera on it because I stop and take pictures of the sunset and stuff like that so I definitely fit in with the "artsy" crowd which is popular in the area. All that, and I'm the most outgoing person at the park. I've read articles about dogs being the best wingman and stuff like that and I'm completely ignored. If I stop and say Hi to someone or ask about their dog, they'll politely respond but that's it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 2:59 am

believe it or not, there's a "Shelton freeze" as well. :|

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2017, 9:34 am

Bataar wrote:
Anyone else in the PNW, mainly the Seattle / Puget Sound area experience the Seattle Freeze? It definitely exists. I'll take my cute dog for a walk at a beach park, he's very friendly and likes interacting with people. I have a shoulder strap with a large camera on it because I stop and take pictures of the sunset and stuff like that so I definitely fit in with the "artsy" crowd which is popular in the area. All that, and I'm the most outgoing person at the park. I've read articles about dogs being the best wingman and stuff like that and I'm completely ignored. If I stop and say Hi to someone or ask about their dog, they'll politely respond but that's it.

I don't know if it's Seattle or me, but I have to initiate conversations and hangouts with my friends close to 100% of the time. Only recently have a few exceptions emerged, and even then I do the majority of the initiating with them.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 4:13 pm

SpreadsheetMaster wrote:
Bataar wrote:

I don't know if it's Seattle or me, but I have to initiate conversations and hangouts with my friends close to 100% of the time. Only recently have a few exceptions emerged, and even then I do the majority of the initiating with them.

Maybe it's a Washington thing. I've been reading articles on meeting people and interacting with people and there are a number of them that talk about a dog being the best wingman and stuff like that. If I'm the most outgoing person at a park, that's sad.

I mean, I think my dog's cute: https://www.eyeem.com/p/104008917

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 3:06 am

Wow. The more I read, the more depressing things sound. Due to the techiness of the Seattle area, it seems there are about 144 single men per 100 single women.

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2017, 2:48 pm

Yeah, dogs are definitely a good way to get attention. I have fun and she gets people all over me, well, rather, her, in my neighborhood. But Seattle seems to be a weird place. I have a very outgoing NT friend who moved to San Francisco just to get away from the freeze.

Didn't know that about the men to women ratio. I'm lucky enough to have gotten a girlfriend recently myself.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 4:43 pm

It's just weird. Last fall I took a set of photography classes and there were about 3 - 4 women, all significantly older than I am and about 12+ guys. I took a class for bonsai trees this spring and there was only 1 older woman and the rest were guys. When I take my dog for walks, there are lots of other guys walking their dogs, but the only women you see are either significantly older or younger or with their husband/boyfriend. Last night I went to a photography event and there was only 1 woman with about a dozen guys.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm

supply and demand can be some cruel math. :|

floodwater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2017, 5:07 am

washington state 8)

auntblabby
Veteran