Is brewed coffee and instant coffee the same?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 8:31 am

Or is it different? The reason that I ask, is because I'm wondering what would perk a person up, more.

eagletalon86
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jun 2010, 8:56 am

i don't think there's a difference, but if you don't prep instant coffee right the mixture won't fully dissolve and you might not get the same perk compared to a cup of the brewed stuff

go with what you know

DerKodeMeister
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jun 2010, 9:04 am

Good brewed coffee is like the difference between a cheeseburger at McDonalds and a prime rib at the best steakhouse in the US. However, there is also bad brewed coffee (bad prime rib), so Maxwell's House brew and Nestle instant coffee isn't going to taste much different at all.

If you're looking to get more of a perk, I don't think coffee has much difference in the way of caffeine content, as long as you aren't buying decaffinated. If you really want more caffeine in your coffee, and don't like the idea of caffeine pills, try to look in to pure powdered caffeine and measure a tiny bit more in to your cup.

If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.
-E.O. Wilson

Euclid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2010, 10:01 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Or is it different? The reason that I ask, is because I'm wondering what would perk a person up, more.

Generally there's more caffeine in fresh ground. but other factors like type of bean, how long the roast is and method of making all influence the final cup. If you really want to know more (much more) Harold McGee's book is a wor
thwhile read