whats the difference of physically tired and mentally tired.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2010, 10:17 pm

Ive been asked by doctors and other people if I feel physically tired or mentally tired when Im tired. I dont know the difference. what seperates the two. Im either tired or im not. I didn't know there were different kinds of tired.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 10:27 pm

I think I can give you a really good example of mentally tired right here
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2890525 ... t=#2890525

The difference or at least what I believe to be the difference is physically is when your body becomes weaker, mentally is when you lose the patience to maintain thoughts and focus on things. Both can make you sleepy and they tend to occur in combination with Autistic people because of sensory overload

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 10:31 pm

Being mentally tired is more like feeling burnt out and stressed by having had to deal with so many things and sort them out.

Physical tiredness is the normal kind of tiredness where you need to sit or lie down, or sleep, because your body is drained of energy.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 10:43 pm

Mentally tired = losing speech, stress, crying, depression, easily frustrated/angered, can't think, jumbled thoughts, up and down emotions

Physically tired = sore muscles, heavy physical activity, lack of sleep, sick

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 11:18 pm

mentally tired is when your brain wants to shut down and when you want it to do math it tells you to forget it.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2010, 12:20 am

I'm still having trouble getting the difference. For me tired = Difficulty moving and getting things done. Trouble staying awake. Feeling like sleeping.
I don't think I have a lack of motivation. I feel motivated to do lots of things. Its just hard to because of the drowsyness.
I've figured I'm mentally tired because I know its due to neurological reasons and I have no physical symptoms.
However what people have described as mentally tired doesn't fit.
What sounded the closest to what tired feels to me is feeling like sitting or lying down because energy is drained. Sometimes it is extremely difficult to stand up from sitting on the couch because Im so tired.
Its like Im sleeping yet awake.
It sucks wanting to do thing's yet being too tired to accomplish them.